We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Somewhere nice butreasonably priced to eat on the Riverwalk?

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new caney
1 post
Save Topic
Somewhere nice butreasonably priced to eat on the Riverwalk?

Im just looking for somewhere nice but not out of this world on price? Its for a birthday lunch.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Somewhere nice butreasonably priced to eat on the Riverwalk?

There are a LOT of places that are "nice butreasonably priced to eat on the Riverwalk?".

I suggest that you actually walk along River Walk and check them out and then make a decision based upon what you find that looks good. Chuck...

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Somewhere nice butreasonably priced to eat on the Riverwalk?

I'm not sure what you consider reasonable ?? under $10.00 ?? under $20.00 under $50.00. There are so many different kind of places, from fine dining to casual.

I'll give you a couple of suggestion, but I'm not sure of price range. after you look at these & they don't meet your criteria just re-ask & give $ amount so we on the forum will be able to give you correct & better suggestions for your B-Day lunch.

Boudro's has excellent food & it's moderate, they have the best guacamole prepared tableside & excellent prickly pear margaritas the website is

www.boudros.com $10 - $30

County Line Bar B Q $5 - $20

Lone Star Café $5 - $20

Acenar for good Mexican food $5 - $20

Rio Rio Cantina $5 - $20

Saltgrass Steak House $10 - $25

Texas Land & Cattle $10 - $25

I hope this helps you out a little if not as I said just re-ask with a $ amount or type of food or type of atmosphere, Have a great B-Day celebration in SA.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Somewhere nice butreasonably priced to eat on the Riverwalk?

I agree with above posters..Most places on the riverwalk have menus posted and you can go with your senses...Pruske is right on,but remember this is per person...I doubt you could do Boudro's right for under $75....I personally would opt for El Mirador..It blows away the other lunch Mex places and is inexpensive..Not on the river but nearby..Save the riverwalk to walk off the lunch..Thank me later........

North Texas
Level Contributor
267 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Somewhere nice butreasonably priced to eat on the Riverwalk?

I vote for Acenar, my grown kids and I had a great dinner there in early May. Drinks drove the price up but the food was terrific and we have lived in or visited SA for several years.

North Texas
Level Contributor
267 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Somewhere nice butreasonably priced to eat on the Riverwalk?

I vote for Acenar, my grown kids and I had a great dinner there in early May. Drinks drove the price up but the food was terrific and we have lived in or visited SA for several years.

Kansas
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Somewhere nice butreasonably priced to eat on the Riverwalk?

We just returned from 5 days on the Riverwalk and I agree that walking along and reading the menus is the best plan. I found most places very reasonable at lunch, including Pecsa's and Boudros, ate at both and they were awesome. We did like Acenar but I would suggest ordering your drinks and appetizers then waiting to order your meal. We found they all arrived at basicaly the same time and we felt rushed. It was not just limited to our table, we noticed many tables hurrying through their first courses. Food and drinks were wonderful.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
203 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Somewhere nice butreasonably priced to eat on the Riverwalk?

Boudro's is definately worth considering. Check out their menu online to see if it meets your price range: http://www.boudros.com/boudros/ And make sure to try the prickly pear margarita!

Houston
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Somewhere nice butreasonably priced to eat on the Riverwalk?

I would stay away from Boudros; I found it to be okay, average and overpriced.

Paesanos I would definitely recommend. Try their steak salad/appetizer for $11 or $12 bucks (can't remeber the name of it). About as much quantity and higher quality filet as compared to what I paid $32 for at Boudros two nights before. They also have a signature chicken dish which is delicious.

There are a lot of "okay" places on the Riverwalk. But there other better places to eat in San Antonio. The Riverwalk definitely caters to the touristas.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Somewhere nice butreasonably priced to eat on the Riverwalk?

Acenar is very reasonable neo-tex-mex in downtown, they have amazing prickly-pear ritas.

My fav SA restaurants are County Line BBQ and Guenther House.

The Guenther House http://www.guentherhouse.com/ is in an old mansion on the river south of the river walk, has free parking (something you won't find anywhere downtown) and has amazing food, very reasonably priced.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
333 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Somewhere nice butreasonably priced to eat on the Riverwalk?

I love Citrus at the Hotel Valencia.

A group of people were having a birthday dinner while we were there and they appeared to be having a great time. the menu is here: hotelvalencia.com/san-antonio-riverwalk-rest…

It's hip and elegant but not pretentious and the food is great and different.