We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymooning in San Antonio

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
2 posts
Save Topic
Honeymooning in San Antonio

Hey all! We are getting married in San Antonio (we're both from Houston) in January and we will be staying from that Saturday until the following Tuesday.

I wanted to surprise my blushing bride with spending those 3-4 days in a super luxurious or cool boutique hotel somewhere near or on the riverwalk. Price really isn't an issue, I'm more concerned about the quality of the rooms and location.

Any suggestions?

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymooning in San Antonio

The Watermark Hotel & SPA would be a good choice. It is consider the 50th best hotel in the country, it's the only one in Texas to make the list. They have the best SPA IMO, the rooms are very nice with very comfy beds, also a marble bathroom with a jacuzzi tub & separate shower & a beautiful view of the river from the balcony & is very accessible to the River Walk but being a block from the tranquil side of the river. Here is the website to check it out to see if it meets your criteria in a great honeymoon room.

www.watermarkhotel.com

The Westin would be my 2nd choice it is also very lavish & luxurious huge rooms with their Heavenly Bed, the bathroom is over-sized with dual head showers & a soaking tub plus a make up mirror. With the coffee maker you have Starbuck coffee packages for coffee. It is also on the tranquil side of the river. Here is the website to check out this hotel. www.westin.com/riverwalk

3rd would be Hotel Contessa all the rooms are suites & are very nice also on the tranquil side of the river with very comfy beds with a separate parlor & 2 flat screen TV.

4th is The St. Anthony Hotel offers an experience in an old charm & service. It was built in 1909 but still have timeless elegance & 1st class service & with it's French antiques. It's is also very luxurious but it's a block from the RW. www.wyndham.com/hotels/SATST

5th would be Omni La Mansion Del Rio it is nestled on the banks of SA RW. It's a very romantic place with it's Spanish colonial old-world charm & has a very intimate feel to it. It's also very luxurious offer beautiful view of the river also has a courtyard view & a heated pool, a good spa. It was renovated in Sept of 2007, the rooms have balconies with insulated doors & double pane glass. The bathroom is marble & the beds has signature pillow-top bedding. You have the Las Canarias Restaurant which has great food & also a Sunday champagne brunch. Here is the website to check this place out.

www.omnilamansion.com

I hope this helps you out to find the right place for you & your Bride To Be that will be everything you want it to be & more. There are many more choices but I just gave you the top 5 IMO only.

Here is a website you may want to check out to see if you see something better or that meets your criteria in a romantic & wonderful honeymoon stay in SA. Here is the other website for some other Hotels choices.

www.VisitSanAntonio.com

www.SanAntonio.com/hotels

www.NexTag.com/Hotels

If you have any more questions just ask???

Please write a TR of your honeymoon stay in SA.

Houston
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymooning in San Antonio

Thanks for the very helpful reply. I was looking at (in no particular order)

Hotel Contessa

Watermark Hotel

Hotel Valencia

La Mansion Del Rio

I know you mentioned that Watermark was your top choice. I've had issues with getting any pricing for a room after the 1st of the year at the Watermark, though. What about the other three I have listed?

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymooning in San Antonio

The other 3 are also very nice.

I would rank them in the following order IMO

Hotel Contessa

La Mansion del Rio

Hotel Valencia not on the RW but a block away.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymooning in San Antonio

Romantic is subjective,but I would choose the Valencia hands down for your needs....Schedule some spa treatments at the Watermark and arrange a dinner at the Grey Moss inn...Top it off with a carriage ride and then some chocolate cake from Room service(extra whip cream)........

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymooning in San Antonio

For a great & romantic dinner go up to the Tower. It is very elegant, excellent food, superior service a spectacular view of SA. The tower rotates as you eat so you see a different view as you dine, especially gorgeous at sunset. We like to go there for special occasion, it is so lovely up there. Here is the website to check it out.

www.toweroftheamericas.com

6. Re: Honeymooning in San Antonio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 15:18