We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chart House

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Chart House

We have reservations here Friday night..I know Pruske raves about it..We will be celebrating both our Birthdays and Anniversary..Do the steaks come with a salad or potato?..I do not mind paying for a good steak but will not pay almost $10 for a salad especially sinse we both love Calamari(appetizer)..Any food that is exceptional?..How is the lobster bisque?..The tentative plan is Calamari,steaks and our fave choc souffle for dessert..Also are alcoholic drinks pricey?..If so may take O'boys advice for drinks at Azuca..Thanks all.....

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chart House

No the steaks don't come with a salad. It comes with some vegetables, no potato. The lobster bisque is very good & so is the choc soufflé. The alcoholic drinks are a fair price IMO. The food & service is excellent & worth every penny to me. You can check out the menu on the website to see if it meets your criteria cause it did ours.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chart House

Review for Saltgrass in the sky..On the positive side,view is outstanding and a very good place for special occasions..I felt at those prices,they should comp parking with dinner..Upon entering there was a strong fish odor..Calamari was average,but a great sauce..Steaks were real good,but have had better..No chocolate souffle,but the chocolate lava cake made up for it..Had a great couch like seat by the window..I had to get up to request an item,but after that service was very good..They need to pick it up a notch,perhaps with caesar salad prepared tableside and a flaming coffee and dessert..Bread was plain and hard..Would visit again,but only for drinks and appetizers..The elevator problems have been fixed..Apparently Jims would only send someone when a problem surfaced..Now Landrys have sunk some money in new parts as well as bi-weekly maintenance..Bring a c-note with you,not including alcohol or tip..

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chart House

1Life2Live did you mean Chart House, or did you go to Saltgrass instead. If you are talking about the Chart House, I agree I think the parking should be included for dinner. Our steaks were excellent, so good that it felt like it melt in your mouth. We like going there for special occasion.

OO
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
727 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chart House

I'm glad you wrote a review 1Life2Live. Your experience is much the same as my DH has had. He won't consider it for guests in town. I think it shares a fate with similar spinners (Dallas' Reunion tower e.g.)--nice view but that's what you are paying for.

Chart House is owned and operated by the Landry's chain, which also owns Saltgrass...the steak arm of their business, thus 1Life's "Saltgrass in the sky" reference. :>

5. Re: Chart House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 16:18