We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helpppppppp

Florida
4 posts
Save Topic
Helpppppppp

My husband son and I will be moving to SA either before xmas or right after christmas.......Darn Army.......anyway, I noticed there are a few lakes around..... I am having a hard time finding if there are homes on these lakes....... to rent that is....... can anyone help me?

Thanks Traci

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helpppppppp

I wouldn't curse anyone who gave you the opportunity to move to one of the most unique cities in America. As for the lakes, I know nothing, but relax..... I'd pick SA over most of Florida anyday.

Florida
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Helpppppppp

just cursing the move..... its number 8 in the last 5 years......We are hoping to make SA our final place just because everything we have ever heard........... Just looking to rent something for a year to find a place to buy........I was just looking for a lake home......I grew up in MO with a family lake home at the Ozarks. I loved it and was excited to see that I would be back in a place that has something more than alligator ponds......LOL.........

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helpppppppp

You may have to contact a realtor in one of the lake towns. Have seen not a few cottages, etc...on Lake Medina, and on the local rivers. Lots of development the past 15 years or so out west, so I'm sure they exist.

Texas
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Helpppppppp

I know of a few lakes

Lake Calaveras is far southeast of town. It's about 3000 acres.

Braunig Lake is near Calaveras. It's about half the size of its neighbor.

Medina Lake is far northwest (a bit closer to town than Calaveras). It's about 5500 acres.

I think your best bet is Medina Lake. The views are spectacular and there's more lodging.

I'm unsure of rental homes on these lakes. Try the following link:

…mysanantonio.com/Rentals/SearchIndex.asp

Florida
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Helpppppppp

Thank you for all your help!!!! I will try Medina Lake.......

Traci

San Antonio
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Helpppppppp

Closest options are Medina Lake out HWY 16/Bandera Rd. I am from St. Louis and the lake reminds me of home. It can be very pricey and you have the commute... There is also Canyon Lake out Hwy 281. Again, it can cost and there's still some commute. Welcome to SA!

San Antonio
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Helpppppppp

Just saw your post re: Ozarks. You'll love Lake Medina. We live approx 1 hour from there on 16. I wanted to live there, but I would have to drive far to work. We'll probably look into property in a few years...

Get answers to your questions about San Antonio