We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Palmera

iowa
Level Contributor
12 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
La Palmera

We are flying into SA in March & are staying at Riverwalk area but due to late flight in we are thinking of staying first night at La Palmera. Is this a bad idea or an OK place to stay?

OO
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
727 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Palmera

Are you renting a car and not wanting to drive downtown late? Actually, I think it'd be more difficult to get to LaPalmera then it would be to get downtown. San Antonio is blessed to have a close-in airport which is a direct shot to downtown...20 minutes at most, and the downtown area is compact. Getting to La Palmera would require taking I410 where construction is ongoing, to I-35. In contrast, downtown is just a drive down 281. If you are driving yourselves, just map out your route beforehand, and you should have no problems.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,305 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Palmera

I agree with the previous poster. The distance to La Palmera is about the same as to downtown and downtown is a straight shot from the airport. If it is late the drive into the center of town will be quite easy. The only thing you might save by staying at La Palmera is the cost of overnight parking downtown and if you arrive late the hotel will probably not charge you for the first night anyway, depending on the hotel you have booked. Just head downtown instead of the trouble of unpacking and packing again and heading to the Riverwalk the next day.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Palmera

I agree with Gehrig.

4. Re: La Palmera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 17:20