We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Market Sqaure

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
DC
Level Contributor
113 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Market Sqaure

Hi. Can you tell me if the market square is walking distance from the Westin or the Emily? I looked at the Riverwalk hotel map and it looks like it might be doable but not sure. If not, what would be the less expensive way to get to the market?

Also, what about the King William area. I think there was a restaurant I wanted to try but can't remember which one. Need to start making a list.

Level Contributor
89 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Market Sqaure

I wouldn't walk from the Emily to the Market Square unless you really like to walk. Go to "viainfo.net" which is the website for the local bus transportation. You can key in you starting location and destination and it will tell you which bus to get there. Also, I believe the local trolley system will take you to Market Square as well.

We live in the King William district and there are several restaurants in the neighborhood. The two that get the most attention are "Rosario's", and "China Latina".

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Market Sqaure

You can take the trolley/streetcar to get to the sites which cost a $1.00 here is the website for it

www.viainfo.net/Busservice/streetcar.aspx

I believe the restaurant in the King William you are talking about is the Guenther House www.guentherhouse.com

Market Square www.marketsquaresa.com

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Market Sqaure

Oooops!!!! I forgot on Jan 1 the price is $1.10 instead of $1.00 still a great deal for getting around in the downtown area.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
15,677 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Market Sqaure

I prefer walking, usually by the time you wait for the trolley-you can walk the distance to Market Sqaure. If you do take the trolley, ask for a transfer as it should take care of the return fare.

If you live in/around DC then walking should not be a problem.

Also in King William is Blue Star area, brewery, art gallery...across the street is Gunether House for

breakfast or lunch.

www.guentherhouse.com

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Market Sqaure

Market square is walkable from the emily morgan its long walk. If its hot I would take the bus but I have walked downtown mid summer from Main Plaza to Alamo Plaza in wool suits, I go down river level where its cooler.

Westin, walk.

King William, that would be a hike, take the bus that.

OO
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
727 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Market Sqaure

I make the walk on the Riverwalk from the Hyatt (Regency) to King William every weekend. It's 25 min walking time, max, and that's with the slow foot traffic between Hyatt and La Villita. It's a very pleasant walk and would be doable walking from the Westin, especially, if you are a "walker".

7. Re: Market Sqaure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 13:17