We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hill Country Wineries

Ashtabula, Ohio
Level Contributor
151 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Hill Country Wineries

We do not want to rent a car on our trip to SA late March. We will be staying on the Riverwalk. Do you know of any tours to the wineries? I checked their web site but none are indicated.

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,228 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hill Country Wineries

I do not know of any, you will most likely need a car. They are very spead out, except for the Frederickburg ones.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hill Country Wineries

There is a tour for the wineries but there is 1 for the Hill Country instead of the wineries. www.SanAntoniotours.net or www.SanAntonio.com/attractions/tours.html

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
54 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hill Country Wineries

www.texas-wine-tours.com

There are some tours...expensive, though.

Better off renting a car...we go up there once a month and shop in Fredericksberg...great town with shopping and food.

Off of 290 there are five in a row...three are good two not so much.

have fun...if you need more information the website above and other websites are a great resource!!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hill Country Wineries

singtx thanks for the info, wasn't aware of that tour nice to know for a group that wants to go from SA.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
16,998 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hill Country Wineries

I wouldn't worry about trying to find a 'wine tour'.. they are pretty much non-existant.

If you truly don't want to rent a car, I would suggest simply maximizing your time on the river.. why not go 'wine-hopping' and try different Texas wines at the various restaurants. The money you would save on a tour can certainly cover a few

bottles of nice vino.

for ex: Zinc Wine Bar

http://zincwine.com/zinc/

------

Ashtabula, Ohio
Level Contributor
151 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hill Country Wineries

Thanks for all the info. I have decided on Zinc Wine Bar. It is place we will surely enjoy.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
54 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hill Country Wineries

While Zinc is a great idea...nothing beats sipping on some vino in front of a fireplace or watching a live band on the patio at a winery! Either way have a good time in SA!!

8. Re: Hill Country Wineries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 08:20