We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

S.A. specific hotel info needed...

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
Level Contributor
126 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
S.A. specific hotel info needed...

We are thinking of going to S.A. for a few days before we have to be in Austin for a wedding in August. It looks like a really fun place to visit and we've wanted to check it out for some time now... here's our chance! Now about what I need from you tripadvisors...We are traveling with our 7 and 4 year old kids and we really enjoy our family vacations much more if we can find a hotel that has a suite feel...one with a door between the sleeping and gathering areas. We also would like to be near the riverwalk area if cost permits. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: S.A. specific hotel info needed...

Drury Inn and Suites..Best value on the Riverwalk..Free breakfast and happy hour..Shop around for their best rate...

Virginia
Level Contributor
126 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: S.A. specific hotel info needed...

Thanks for the advice! I had looked at that hotel briefly, but at first glance it didn't seem to have the separate sleeping area - glad to see I was mistaking. It looks like the perfect fit.

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: S.A. specific hotel info needed...

Hotel Contessa has separate bedroom and living room. We just stayed there last week. I suggest that you read the reviews. I would say it's between 3.5 and 4 stars. The configuration of the suites would work well for a family. The location on the quieter part of the Riverwalk is ideal.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
15,245 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: S.A. specific hotel info needed...

marriott.com/hotels/travel/satrw-residence-i…

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: S.A. specific hotel info needed...

I totally agree with the Drury, great value for your money.

Riverwalk druryhotels.com/properties/sanantonioriverwa…

Hawthorn Suites www.hawthorn-riverwalk.com

Homewood Suites www.homewoodsuitesriverwalk.com

In the Downtown area

Residence Inn Alamo Plaza www.residenceinnalamoplaza.com

Staybridge Suites DT Sunset Station www.staybridge.com/sunsetstation

Hope you find the place that meets your criteria & personal preference.

Have a great trip & please write a TR & let us know how it went!!!!!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: S.A. specific hotel info needed...

I forgot to mention if you are looking for Hot Deals on a Hotel you may want to check out this website

www.visitSanAntonio.com click on SAVE then Hotel for Hot Deals with very good rates. I hope this will help you out if the above don't work out.

Virginia
Level Contributor
126 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: S.A. specific hotel info needed...

Thanks for the numerous suggestions. I called the Drury directly last night and got a rate that I'm very happy with. As with every other time I've used TA, this has been great!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
276 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: S.A. specific hotel info needed...

With your kids, look into hotels close to Sea World and Fiesta Texas (Six Flags)

Downtown would be a bit of a trip to the parks.

If you want to stay DT to enjoy the River Walk, The Alamo, Etc, then you can drive it. You might need about 30 minutes to drive it depending on the traffic.

Delaware
Level Contributor
152 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: S.A. specific hotel info needed...

Hi, I am going to SA in March with my family for a mini-vacation. I booked the Drury Inn on the RW using the SAVE San Anotonio rate from their web site and received a rate cheaper than AAA.

If you remember to email me end of March I will be happy to tell you about the hotel. Also, I recommend checking their website. It stated that they have construction next door, and will try to accomodate you if you think the construction sound will be a problem.

Good night,

Hawk

10. Re: S.A. specific hotel info needed...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 12:22