We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All you can eat crab legs?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
674 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
All you can eat crab legs?

Anyone know of a restaurant near the River that has this as a "special" or a regular menu offering?

Also, can someone advise which tours would be the best for 1. Ghost hunt and 2. Mission trails?

We'll be there in March!! Woohoo!!

Tammy

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All you can eat crab legs?

There is Joes Crab Shack Riverwalk on College street..It is not all you can eat,but they offer some big platters..

Mentioned in this post
River Walk
River Walk
22,039 Reviews
San Antonio, TX
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All you can eat crab legs?

I agree there is a Joe's Crab Shack on the RW but it's not all you can eat.

For the Ghost tour check out the below which are good.

Alamo City Ghost Tours www.alamocityghosttours.com

Ghost & Legend of SA www.sanantoniotourguide.com

Mission Trails www.nps.gov/saan they have a self tour that can be done by car, bike or you can hike it which is a natural trail along the RW.

Alamo www.thealamo.org

Mission Trail Tours www.missiontrailtours.com

You can take a tour that goes to a couple of the Missions plus some other popular places in the downtown area.

www.SanAntonioTours.net

www.SanAntonio.com/attractions/tours.html

http://www.viator.com/search/san%20Antonio

http://www.buySanAntoniotours.com/

Hope you have a great visit in SA & Please write a TR when you get back so we can learn the likes & dislikes of SA through a tourist eye.

Mentioned in this post
The Alamo
The Alamo
15,712 Reviews
San Antonio, TX
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
674 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All you can eat crab legs?

Thanks for the info. We have a Joe's here...not so good.

As far as the tours....I don't want to have to do a lot of research to understand the history and what I am seeing. It's nice to be spoon-fed information sometimes and just relax and enjoy....so I"m not sure about the self-guided tours.

Thanks again for the ideas! I will try to write a TR when we get back.

Tammy

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All you can eat crab legs?

PTKeil, I totally understand I at times feel the same way about a lot of the tours of places I visited. I want them to tell me the info & not have to do a lot of research. Your best bet would be the www.SanAntoniotours.net I believe you go to 2 of the missions which has a lot of info. There is also the River cruise that you can get with a 35 min narration of the RW area. www.riosanantonio.com

Have a great visit & will be waiting patiently for your TR when you get back.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All you can eat crab legs?

I agree about Joes..I only go there for a drink and appetizer..If you want very good fresh seafood you will have to pay for it in this city..There is Pesca at the Watermark Hotel..My fave though is Wildfish Grill,although it is not close to town...

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
18,533 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All you can eat crab legs?

San Antonio is not a seafood town..not sure why many people think so.

Mentioned in this post
7. Re: All you can eat crab legs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 10:26