We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Gun Ranges in this part of Texas

Newcastle, UK
Level Contributor
309 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Public Gun Ranges in this part of Texas

Hi Folks,

For a Brit visiting Texas for the 1st time I would like to visit a public gun range that accepts complete novices for an hour or 2.

This may sound a bit wierd but I guess it's because these things simply don't exist at home.

Anything aound these parts of Texas ?

I'm posting in the San Antonio forum because I'm passing through this part of Texas towards Bandera from Gulf coast.

Thanks.

Wylie.Texas
Level Contributor
186 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public Gun Ranges in this part of Texas

Hi

Do not know about San Antonio [ I am sure they have them ] but come on to Dallas we got alot.They will sell you the shells and rent you a gun.Pistol,rifle Uzzi, or whatever.

:]

DW

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,247 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public Gun Ranges in this part of Texas

Try "A Place to Shoot".

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public Gun Ranges in this part of Texas

There is Bracken Range and The Bullet Hole..Both are outdoor ranges There is an indoor range but you must be a member...

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public Gun Ranges in this part of Texas

Bracken Range is a good place to go for that www.brackenrange.com & so is the Bullet Hole www.bullethole.com

Have a great time!!!!!!

Newcastle, UK
Level Contributor
309 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Public Gun Ranges in this part of Texas

Just an update:

We went to The Bullet Hole.

Very friendly and pretty easy to find, about 10 mins drive out of San Antonio centre.

Rental weapons are well used and battered and are therefore prone to jams.

An AR15 I rented shot about 10 rounds out of 50 before needing a total strip down.

Good fun though for a non-local.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Public Gun Ranges in this part of Texas

Thanks for sharing the info glad to hear that overall you had a fun experience.

7. Re: Public Gun Ranges in this part of Texas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2009, 07:18