We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Day 4

Cedar Lake, Indiana
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report Day 4

Before I tell you my trip report let me just say these 2 things....1~we love San Antonio and Texas!!! 2~we thought we had bad drivers in and around Chicago...NOPE! nothing compared to here!

Ok with that being said....this TR starts the night before. I was outside having a smoke and watched a minivan pull into a parking spot hitting the car next to them, deciding they didn't want that spot and pull out hitting the car again. They never stopped to put a note on the car...NOTHING. So then yesterday we headed to the Botanical Gardens...BEAUTIFUL! The smell of the flowers was almost intoxicating. It was a wonderful place to snap a few pics. Then we lunched at Cheesy Janes not bad either! I had the 1/3lb burger..the fries are yummy!

Yesterday afternoon we drove around again just looking at places we have never been before. I finally after all these trips here saw the "famous" cowboy boots at North Star Mall. I heard once there was a man living in them. We ate dinner last night at Joe's Crab Shack in the Quarry. It was fast and easy even though we have them at home. Ok that was our day!

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Day 4

Glad you are enjoying your trip and thanks for your reports..I have lived in NY,Florida and Southern California and have never encountered worse drivers than we have here..Some examples are merging on the freeway at 30 mph,making turns at an angle from the crosswalks instead of approaching the middle of the intersection,total disregard for bicyclists,tailgating,50 mph in the fast lane,freaking out when it rains,zoning on the cell phone, and scores of uninsured motorists(thanks for giving me an opportunity to vent)..As a rule I park a ways from the store to avoid dings..Enjoy the rest of your trip and keep posting...

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report Day 4

Thanks for sharing another day, glad to hear that you are enjoying your trip. I have to agree that the Botanical Gardens is a beautiful place to go & the smell of the flowers are intoxicating.

3. Re: Trip Report Day 4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 21:20