We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cloesest food near El Tropicano

Northeast, PA
Level Contributor
163 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
cloesest food near El Tropicano

does anyone know where we would find:

1 the closest supermarket for all kinda food

2 and/or other stores/stands with fresh fruit.

she won't eat restaurant food.

my wife is fanactically picky (i.e. fruit has to be whole not cut).

guess that's why she looks like she does and I look like me.

our whole day could be ruined if the correct food is not available and I would rather not carry a bunch of apples, bananas, spinach and cans of sodium free only tuna on the plane if not absolutely necessary.

Please help. TIA. j

San Antonio, TX
Level Contributor
573 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cloesest food near El Tropicano

Your best bet would be Central Market a few miles north on Broadway. From the El Tropicano you can head a couple of blocks east on Lexington to Broadway and then north on Broadway for about 3-5 miles. Check out their website at centralmarket.com.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cloesest food near El Tropicano

Yes the HEB Central Market would be the perfect place to go. It's only a few miles away & would have everything you need.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,470 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cloesest food near El Tropicano

There's also a very nice (though, a little small) farmers' market on Saturday mornings at the Pearl Brewery complex on the new part of the River Walk.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cloesest food near El Tropicano

There is a Whole Foods Market in the Quarry..I like it because you can purchase a bottle of wine and have the cashier open it so you can have it with your lunch there..There are also a couple of Sun Harvest stores in town...

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,470 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cloesest food near El Tropicano

You can drink your wine at Central Market also.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
16,061 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cloesest food near El Tropicano

You probably have Whole Foods in PA...thus,

Central Market +1..if she doesn't like it @ CM, then yes, she would be fanactically picky as you say

Too bad she doesn't like cut fruit..there are some exceptioinal Mexican fruit stands that have wonderful fruit cups of all types.

Northeast, PA
Level Contributor
163 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cloesest food near El Tropicano

thanx to all,

we will check Central Market and Sn Harvest.

Does Sn Harvest sell bolk walnts or almonds in the shell? (yes, she won't eat shelled)

I'm sre they'll have something my wife will eat.

I like pretty mch everything (that's a problem too, lol). j&y

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,470 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cloesest food near El Tropicano

Whole foods would probably be slightly better for your purposes. They focus on natural and organic products. I'm not sure about the nuts in shells though. Central market also has a lot of organic and natural foods but tends to focus on more "foodie" or gourmet items. I know for sure CM does not have nuts in shells.

9. Re: cloesest food near El Tropicano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2009, 05:19