We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels on Riverwalk?

New Iberia...
Level Contributor
327 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels on Riverwalk?

We're going next Thursday and want to stay on the riverwalk in the thick of things. I know there is a Hyatt and 2 Marriotts but can you give me others. We really need something on the riverwalk as my husband can't walk very far due to an illness. I know there are many that state on the river but I want to be very near as in the water taxi route.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels on Riverwalk?

These hotels are in the thick of things + has a taxi stop which is the yellow route. Here are the Hotels

Watermark www.watermarkhotel.com

Omni La Mansion Del Rio www.omnihotels.com

Hilton Palacio Del Rio www.palaciodelrio.hilton.com

Hotel Contessa www.thehotelcontessa.com

SA RW Marriott www.marriott.com/satdt

SA RC Marriott www.marriott.com/satrc

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,316 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels on Riverwalk?

We always stay at the Marriott Rivercenter; it's in a good location.

Cleveland ,Ohio
Level Contributor
65 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels on Riverwalk?

We stayed at La Mansion last weekend (it was our first visit) and it was fabulous! The location could not be better. It was close to everything and you really are in the heart of it all. It was nice to be able to walk to everything and feel that when it got too hot, you could just stroll back to your hotel.

Also, if walking is difficult for your husband, this hotel was not huge, so therefore getting in/out of it was a breeze (possibly compared to some of the larger ones).

Have fun!

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,208 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels on Riverwalk?

If walking is a problem then either Hilton or Hyatt REGENCY, not Grand Hyatt

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels on Riverwalk?

Hyatt Regency is your best bet..Location and Reputation..Overlooked things such as Concierge that can assist you with specific requests...

Beaumont, Texas USA
Destination Expert
for Beaumont
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels on Riverwalk?

With your husband not being able to walk far, you can still enjoy the River Walk with a boat tour, and/or take the river taxis to restaurants and other areas --

http://www.riosanantonio.com/

You can buy 24-hour ot three-day river taxi passes that let you come and go to the over 39 stops along the River Walk. And consider a late evening boat tour -- that's the best way to see the illuminated artwork under the bridges in the extended Museum Reach area of the River Walk!

Happy Travels, and enjoy your stay in SA!

New Iberia...
Level Contributor
327 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels on Riverwalk?

Thanks for all of your info. I saw on another site that if you use SAVENP you get cheaper rooms but when I tried it didn't work. That was for the Hyatt. I will check the Hilton and Hyatt for regular rates and book one of those.

8. Re: Hotels on Riverwalk?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2010, 05:18