We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Dallas To San Antonio

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,357 posts
206 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Dallas To San Antonio

Would like to know other ways of getting to San Antonio from Dallas. Besides driving.

Is the bus system good?

Any shuttle services?

Thanks

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Dallas To San Antonio

Little too far for shuttles, unless you are talking about airplanes..

Amtrak

Airlines: AA from DFW, Southwest from Love Field.

I would recommed that you fly, its somewhat cheap and it a long drive from Dallas to SA.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
6,972 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Dallas To San Antonio

I like the train. More relaxing and brings you straight to downtown San Antonio. Walking distance to the Riverwalk. Takes about 5 hours which when you add in the time to check-in at the airport, etc. is not much travel time difference.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Dallas To San Antonio

The train or flying are your best options without driving to SA. Here is a website for southwest www.southwest.com

www.iflyswa.com

To see cheap rates from Dallas to SA.

Beaumont, Texas USA
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Dallas To San Antonio

As you may have gathered, public transportation is lacking in many parts of our country! There is private bus service -- Greyhound -- but stations tend to be in not-so-great parts of town, and you might encounter some dodgy folks as travel companions. However, my adult son (with limited funds!) has used the bus on several occasions, and had no problems or complaints.

You can check it out at their website:

http://www.greyhound.com/HOME/Default.aspx

Many departures from Dallas to SA, and fares run Approx. $60 - $70, depending on if you purchase refundable or non-refundable tickets.

If I recall correctly, you asked about rental cars in Dallas? That would really be a good way to travel to San Antonio. The total trip is about 5 hours with good Interstate highways connecting the two cities. a

And if you have time, a stop in Austin and a bit of a tour of the Texas Hill Country area would enhance your Texas experience!

5. Re: Transportation from Dallas To San Antonio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2010, 05:16