We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Recommendations Please

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
94 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Recommendations Please

Hello,

My wife and I will be in San Antonio for 3 nights at the end of Feb. We will be staying somewhere on or near the Riverwalk and are not renting a car. Can any give some really good recommendations for lunch & dinner; no steakhouse, preferable Mexican, Tex-Mex, and American. Price is really of no concern, so high dining, low dining, and in-between, just extremely tasty food. If you're a local, what are "San Antonio's must dine" spots? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
94 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Recommendations Please

and to further clarify - nothing with a Prix Fix menu; my wife is a pescatarian (only seafood and vegetables) so Prix Fix often cannot suffice.

But I eat everything!

Thanks!

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,436 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Recommendations Please

We like Boudros www.boudros.com. They have excellent tableside guacamole.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
17,691 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Recommendations Please

for breakfast in the Historic King William area

www.guentherhouse.com

at Market Square..3 of the more famous restaurants

Mi Tierra 24/7, La Margarita, Pico De Gallo....any of the 3 will do...all owned by the Cortez family

lunch time/weekdays Blanco Cafe, on N. St. Mary's near Greyhound Bus depot

Aldaco's at Sunset Station

Edited: 10 December 2009, 04:51
Texas
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Recommendations Please

The Fig Tree in La Villita is a wonderful gourmet restaurant. I would suggest making reservations, and explaining your wife's dining requirements. They will come up with something superb!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Recommendations Please

You have gotten some good suggestion & totally agree to stop at Boudro's for lunch or dinner & get the yummy guacamole prepared tableside + the yummy Prickly Pear Margarita & the food is excellent. www.boudros.com another excellent place to try is Biga on the Banks www.biga.com beautiful view + Good food. I also agree with Guenther House for Breakfast or lunch www.guentherhouse.com & for some good Tex-Mex also agree about going to Market Square & eating at Mi Tierra www.mitierracafe.com or La Margarita www.lamargarita.com a easy walk from RW or you can take the trolley/streetcar www.viainfo.net/Busservice/Streetcar.aspx for excellent Seafood you may want to try Pesca on the River at Watermark Hotel. Rita's on the River has good food & so does Delores Del Rio. For a good Italian dinner try Michelino's www.michelinos.us or Las Canarias at the La Mansion Del Rio Hotel very good brunch & the food is excellent. Aldaco's at the Sunset Station www.aldacos.net/

The above are just a few of the good places & there are many more, if you see something & curious about just ask. Here is a website to check out some of the restaurants www.visitsanantonio.com & click on Eat.

Hope you have a great time!!!!!!

OO
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
727 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Recommendations Please

I belong to another travel forum which has periodic Get Togethers. We all become friends as long time posters, and when someone from another location comes to town, the group meets somewhere to celebrate the occasion. We have a Florida member coming in in a few weeks, and all of the locals agreed...you can't come to San Antonio without doing Tex-Mex, and if you are going to do Tex Mex, it MUST be Rosario's. It is not on the river, but is the best Tex Mex that is close. You'll find some tourists, but many more locals. Service is good., food is as well. Rumor has it that Martha Stewart left with the Chocolate Flan recipe. My only complaint is that parking can be difficult unless you are good at parallel parking. Lunch or dinner, include this as one of your restaurants.

7. Re: Restaurant Recommendations Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2010, 05:20