We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay

My fiance and I will be spending 6 or 7 days in SA the end of May. Any suggestions for a small boutique hotel or bed and breakfast?

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,384 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

Pruske is the Queen of lodging and I'm sure she'll post soon.

I understand you are looking for a quaint place to stay near or in downtown, but, just to offer another view - I rarely spend over extra for lodging. I prefer to stay a little out from the center of a city, rent a car, and drive. I enjoy the freedom of finding unique (away from the usual tourist spots) shopping, dinning, and attractions. I find that savings in hotel price and hotel parking is usually more than the cost of rental and gas.

New York
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

The Riverwalk would be nice but I would consider other areas as well as a luxury hotel. We have had 2 vacations ruined by other peoples ill-behaved children or should I say parents not parenting these children. Just looking for a really really nice place to stay. A pool would be nice too.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
15,193 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay

http://www.bonnergarden.com/livingvt.htm

outside of downtown..just north of..

easy access to downtown..directly on bus line

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,384 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay

I don't have any experience with the type of accommodations you're looking for especially here in SA (I'm hoping Pruske will weigh in soon) but King William Area has a couple of B and Bs. There are plenty of 3-4 star hotels downtown.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay

Here are a couple more suggestions...Hotel Valencia...Marriott Plaza..It is not your typical Marriott..It started out as a Four Seasons and later Plaza San Antonio..Arbor House Bed and Breakfast...They do have a W(Aloft) hotel here but it is located at Blanco and 410...

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay

On the Riverwalk the following could meet your criteria.

The Watermark Hotel + it has the best Spa in the downtown area + a great location on the quiet side of the Riverwalk + the balcony has a great view. www.watermarkhotel.com

The Hyatt Place also would be good www.sanantonioriverwalk.place.hyatt.com

Hawthorn Suite located on the north part of the RW & just a short walk to the busy area www.hawthorn-riverwalk.com

Homewood Suites www.homewoodsuitesriverwalk.com

In the Downtown area

The Crockett Hotel www.crocketthotel.com

Emily Morgan Hotel www.emilymorganhotel.com

Fairmount Hotel www.fairmountsa.com

Hotel Indigo at the Alamo www.hotelindigo.com

O'Brien Hotel www.obrienhotel.com

B & B

Alamo Street Victorian Inn www.alamostreetvictorianinn.com

Beauregard House www.beauregardhouse.com

Beckmann Inn & Carriage House www.beckmanninn.com

Joske House www.joske.com

King William Manor www.kingwilliammanor.com

Yellow Rose www.ayellowrose.com

I hope some of the above will meet your criteria & personal preference if not ask for others. ?????

7. Re: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2010, 04:17