We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Message for Staunchsteve

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Message for Staunchsteve

This purpose of this forum is to help people and offer suggestions. I try my best to do that, and sometimes I may be wrong or have a different opinion, but that's ok. This is a discussion. At least others like Octoboy help correct the facts or state a different opinion without venom. I sense a lot of anger in you, and you apparently have it out for me. I made one mistake in suggesting a closed restaurant, and I admitted it. However, that's not good enough. You've decided to crucify me forever. I've never resorted to calling you names in dealing with your remarks, because that is childish. Whereas you have called me "a very weak "Expert"","not a native Texan, Hams" & "not looking smarter". Well, I guess it's my turn. What's your problem? Don't you get tired of being a bully and a know-it-all? I feel sorry for you. I hope you have peace and happiness in your life. I know I do, and I don't need antagonists like you in my life. It's not worth it. Let's find a common ground or solution to this problem, so we can settle this and just move on. Is that possible?

Austin, TX.
Level Contributor
4,889 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Message for Staunchsteve

"crucify you FOREVER?"

Kind of a melodramatic statement isn't that? I believe I have exchanged opinions with you over the past 3 whole days.

I freely admit to being a smartass sometimes, but I'm also prepared to debate opinions on topics in the TA forums when I feel I have more or better information.

That being said, I promise not to "be an antagonist in your life" any longer. Wow, I feel so much happier and at peace now...

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Message for Staunchsteve

...and i thought i was sarcastic.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,580 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Message for Staunchsteve

It doesn't have to be a debate - we can simply express our opinion, our experience without calling names. I've seen folks in other geographical areas head down this path, I hope we don't.

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Message for Staunchsteve

Oh Lord, not again. I went through this crap with some knucklehead in Austin.

To quote (convicted felon) Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

Seriously, I'd also like to avoid the problems that have plagued other locales. Lord knows I only get to TX once or twice a year these days, but I'd like to think I still have advice that might be worth a damn.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Message for Staunchsteve

Octoboy, I couldn't agree more! That's what I'm trying to avoid as diplomatically as possible (name calling, etc.). I want to thank you for all of your professional, helpful and courteous comments. It's wonderful having you around.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Message for Staunchsteve

wondertrev, i love your advice and sarcastic wit. You helped me find a great restaurant in Arlington many months ago, and I appreciate that. Believe me, I would have rather not made a post like this, but I felt it was necessary given some comments made recently. ugh. i'm tired of this and just want to move on.

San Antonio, TX
Level Contributor
575 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Message for Staunchsteve

I don't believe this forum will become like some of the other city forums. I think we have a good core of individuals trying to assist visitors and/or new residents with the knowledge we've gained through the years of either living here or being frequent visitors. However, we are all different and subsequently are going to have differences of opinion, but that doesn't make someone right or wrong, it is merely a difference of opinion. I think collectively we have and will continue to provide accurate and useful information to visitors and will hopefully continue to do so without condescending and sarcastic attitudes.

Level Contributor
3,057 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
8. Re: Message for Staunchsteve

We're sorry, but this topic has wandered into non-travel-related subject matter, so we've closed it to any further posts. To continue this discussion, TripAdvisor invites you to use our Off-Topic forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i9659-Off_topic…

Please note that Off-topic Chatter is a forum for discussions gone afield from the topic of travel. Although non-travel-related topics are allowed, posts in the Off-topic forum must otherwise meet TripAdvisor's Forum guidelines:

tripadvisor.com/help/what_are_the_guidelines…