We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coming down to san antonio

toronto
Level Contributor
398 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
coming down to san antonio

We will be arriving June 29-July6 , thanks for all the help and assistance from people on this forum. Luckily we are arriving early before the convention July 1-4 so we can do some touristy things before the big crowd arrives later in the week.It is a big convention 50,000 so the city will be packed. Cheers Dan

North Texas
Level Contributor
287 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: coming down to san antonio

Please write a trip report!

toronto
Level Contributor
398 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: coming down to san antonio

I will indeed. Dan

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: coming down to san antonio

I hope you have a great visit in SA while you are here!!!!

I'll be waiting patiently for your TR to see your likes & dislikes & hopefully not to many dislikes!!!! LOL

Don't forget to stop at Boudro's www.boudros.com for the guacamole prepared tableside with a yummy Prickly Pear Margarita. LOL or Mi Tierra www.mitierracafe.com for a fun meal. Take a 35 min narrated cruise on the river along the riverwalk, lots of fun as well!!!! www.riosanantonio.com

Lots of Fun in-store for you!!!!

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: coming down to san antonio

Out of curiosity, who are these 50,000 invaders?

North Texas
Level Contributor
287 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: coming down to san antonio

g-20?

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,231 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: coming down to san antonio

I think it might be AA. The drink recommendations may not go over well.

toronto
Level Contributor
398 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: coming down to san antonio

It was the International AA Convention, it is held every 5 years and attracted about 55,000 registered this year,it was the largest convention in Texas.

We had a wonderful time in San Antonio I cannot say more about he people, the taxi drivers, trolley drivers etc they could not been of more help.

I will write a review but my favorites were, the Mission San Jose,Alamo,the River Ride and of course the River Walk.Favorite restaurants,Landry`s Seafood, Boudreau`s, County Line, Mi Tierra and the excellent buffet at the Menger Hotel, I thought it was the best value in San Antonio.We will definitely go back. Cheers Dan

toronto
Level Contributor
398 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: coming down to san antonio

Wesheltonj, You dont have to worry about mentioning drinks to us but thanks for your concern.We are just a bunch who cannot drink safely, beleive me you would not want to see that gang who was there last weekend drinking. Cheers Dan

9. Re: coming down to san antonio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2011, 05:16