We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From San Antonio to San Marcos

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mexico City, Mexico
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
From San Antonio to San Marcos

Hi guys, I am traveling from Monterrey Mexico to San Antonio by bus, and would like to know the address of the bus station that I would arrive, what hotels would you recommend near it to pass the night and what is the best way to get to San Marcos.

THANKS!

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From San Antonio to San Marcos

There are two different bus lines from Mexico into San Antonio, both are in the downtown area, but not near each other. Which one are you arriving on?

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From San Antonio to San Marcos

Yes we'll need to know which bus line you are coming on.!!!

Mexico City, Mexico
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From San Antonio to San Marcos

Hi guys, I was looking at Senda, which one do you recomend??

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From San Antonio to San Marcos

Sorry don't know where Senda is located!!!! That is the name of the Bus Co correct.!!!!

Mexico City, Mexico
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From San Antonio to San Marcos

Hi, I would be arriving to 518 Bus Station at Alamo St. Do you recomend to stay overnight in a nearby hotel? or take a cab to San Marcos (my final destination)

Thanks

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,392 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From San Antonio to San Marcos

San Marcos is about an hour away. A cab is going to be expensive, but I would go ahead and get to San Marcos.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From San Antonio to San Marcos

Hi Santiago321

You'll be coming in at Turimex terminal which is on Alamo.

As Octoboy said the taxi would be very expensive probably close to $100.

There is a Greyhound Bus that goes to San Marcos that would cost around $12. www.greyhound.com/farefinder/ They have around 4 buses that go to San Marcos in am they have one at 5:25am 8:30am in the PM you have 5:05 pm & 7:20pm so it all depends on when you get into SA.

There are hotel nearby that are reasonable if you decide to stay the night if you can't make it by the bus leaving time. Check the Greyhound schedule!!!!!

So what time do you arrive in SA.?????

Will you need suggestions for hotels that are nearby.????

Edited: 19 August 2010, 22:10
8. Re: From San Antonio to San Marcos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2011, 07:26