We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed Bugs

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
10 posts
Save Topic
Bed Bugs

My husband and I are going to San Antonio the first weekend in November to attend our son's grad from Lackland A. F. B. We want to stay on the Riverwalk In a very wonderful hotel with out BED BUGS, have seen reports that a lot of so called great hotels have them.......Any suggestions for bug free and very clean Hotel ??? Thanks, Linda

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bed Bugs

I think if a hotel anywhere has this problem it will show up immediately in the reviews. Check TA and other reviews for the hotels you are considering. Further, there is plenty of advice on the internet about what to look for when you get to a room before you settle in.

10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bed Bugs

Thanks for your reply, . Bed Bug Registry listed the Marriott , Rivercenter and the Hyatt on their list. We are highly thinking of the Omni L M D R or the Westin R W, saw a report this am on newes and got a little concerned. Looking forward to being in San Antonio........

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bed Bugs

The Omni La Mansion www.omnilamansion.com is a great choice with it's romantic Spanish colonial old world charm. They have a heated pool & great location on the RW + they have a great restaurant Las Canarias that has a champagne brunch on Sundays.

Westin www.westin.com/riverwalk is a very luxurious property & also has a romantic feel to it. The beds are heavenly & they have a soaking tub + a over-sized stand a lone shower that has dual heads & a make up mirror + a coffee maker that has Starbuck coffee. It also has a great location on the riverwalk.

Another place you may want to consider is the Watermark www.watermarkhotel.com the most luxurious hotel that is on the quiet side of the riverwalk. It has a superb Spa which is the best ever. Huge & elegant room with a marble bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub & huge stand a lone shower. It also has the romantic charm & it was listed as the 50th best hotel in the country.

In the above I believe you won't find any bed bugs & they are great hotels to stay at.

I hope you find the one that meets your criteria & personal preference.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bed Bugs

Having worked in the Hospitality industry for years I can offer you some advice..The first thing you must do in any Hotel is to remove the bedspread from the bed..These hardly get washed and have all types of bacteria..The next thing is to visually check your bed and sheets for any stains,blood or even the bugs(they are hard to see)..I never place my clothing in drawers..As you may know, during your stay some places will replace towels and sheets upon request..Always do so..I have also worked in Pest Control..Hotel rooms do not get scheduled treatments..We are usually called after a problem arises...I also do not stay in pet friendly hotels for this reason..Most pet owners keep their pets clean, but if it has fleas,then the room will get contaminated..Of course request a room change immediately....Hotels,especially like those mentioned.have a reputation to maintain..I am sure they are right on any problems...Pests are everywhere..I have treated many multi-million dollar homes.....Safe Travels....

Fountain City
Level Contributor
89 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bed Bugs

I checked the website you mentioned about Bed Bugs, and it looks like none of the hotels mentioned are on the Riverwalk. I wanted to know because we're coming for a vacation soon!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bed Bugs

The 3 that I mention, Yes they Are on the Riverwalk. You can get a balcony overlooking the riverwalk.

Texas
Level Contributor
126 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bed Bugs

Please look into the Hilton on the River in San Antonio. It has very nice balconies that overlook the river and is very clean.

8. Re: Bed Bugs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2010, 12:30
9. Re: Bed Bugs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2011, 07:31