We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch ideas

arubabliss
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Lunch ideas

Hi Everyone!

Our trip is quickly approaching :) We are staying at the Drury Plaza and I was wondering what you would suggest for lunch places? A Tex-Mex place would be awesome! A thai place would be great too.

Thanks again for all your help!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch ideas

For Tex Mex you may want to go to the Market Square for better Tex Mex food. In Market Square you have La Margarita www.lamargarita.com & Mi Tierra www.mitierracafe.com

I don't know of any good Thai places in the downtown area but there are several in SA outside of the downtown area.

As you are strolling the Riverwalk you may want to go to Boudro's www.boudros.com for a meal or at least for appetizer & drink, a must get here is guacamole prepared tableside with a prickly pear margarita.

Also you could take a stroll in the King William area & go to the Guenther House for lunch www.guentherhouse.com or Schilo's @ 424 E. Commerce

Delores Del Rio with belly dancers www.doloresdelrioristorante.com/

Michelino's www.michelinos.us

Capparelli's on Main @2524 N. Main @ Mistletoe

Texas Land & Cattle www.texaslandandcattle.com

Saltgrass www.saltgrass.com

For an extraordinary lunch or dinner with a spectacular view of SA skyline & tower rotates as you eat go to the Tower of the Americas www.toweroftheamericas.com

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch ideas

If this is your first visit toSA, I second Market Square..The atmosphere feels Mexican, which I am sure visitors are looking for..Rosarios is also quite good...If you want to eat lunch where locals eat Tex-Mex downtown, try El Milagrito,Blanco Cafe and Taco Haven...

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch ideas

Although El Milagrito is very good, it is located in my neighborhood(a mile north of downtown)..I meant to say; El Mirador...

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch ideas

I would definitely skip EL Mirador they were just on the news behind the kitchen door & shows to have a dirty kitchen with lots of demerits & it's not the lst time for them to get a bad score from the health department.

arubabliss
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch ideas

Thanks you guys are the best! We cannot wait to visit your wonderful city :)

6. Re: Lunch ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2011, 05:18