We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Hotel Condessa

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fountain City
Level Contributor
89 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
The Hotel Condessa

Has anyone stayed at or seen this new hotel? We are traveling to San Antonio in Feb for our Anniversary and are looking for somewhere to stay on the Riverwalk. I see they have some good rates since they just opened. Location, location, location is important to us. We want to be right on the riverwalk and not far from RiverCenter Mall. We would like romantic as well, as we haven't vacationed in a long, long time!

We've checked out LaManion and Westin, which look wonderful but are pretty spendy. Which doesn't bother us much, but if the Hotel Condessa is just as nice, we'll stay there. How far apart are the hotels from one another...in in the opinion of the experts, where would you choose to stay?

OO
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
727 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Hotel Condessa

I haven't seen La Contessa, but my husband who is in the business, was given the tour and says it's quite nice, an all suite hotel, located next door to the Westin. Nothing along the riverwalk is too far from anything else, so I wouldn't worry about the distance from there to Rivercenter Mall. I haven't walked it specifically, but guess it's no more than 10 minutes, if that.

At La Contessa you walk into a sitting area with sofa that opens into a sleeper, TV etc, down a hall from that is the master bedroom. It's a good arrangement for families. Sorry, can't comment about whether or not it's romantic. Actually, it's the B&Bs that normally fall into that category IMHO. Hotel rooms have gotten so generic, if someone blindfolded you and set you inside a room, you couldn't tell if you were in a Westin, a Hyatt, a Marriott, or a Hilton--heavenly beds all, duvets with x # of pillows on the bed, throw across the foot, chair with ottoman, desk, one and all!

He thought they opened with "soft rates", and had commented that with the demand for that product, he doubted they needed to, so if you are getting a really good rate, I'd jump on it before they change their minds. :>