We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mexican food on the riverwalk

colorado
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
mexican food on the riverwalk

Is there any restaurant in that location which does not cost an arm and leg, but is tasty Mexican? We will not have a car and want to spend our few hours on the Riverwalk.

San Antonio
Level Contributor
270 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mexican food on the riverwalk

Mexican food on the riverwalk is not good. Insult to injury, it's pretty pricey, too. There are a couple of decent restaurants down there, but none serving Mexican food. Would you rather a different cuisine or different location?

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
17,691 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mexican food on the riverwalk

you could try Market Square...there are three restaurants all owned by the same family.....a little touristy but better than food on the RW.

Mi Tierra, La Margarita, Pico De Gallo

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
5,799 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mexican food on the riverwalk

I'll second pinktink03's reply - not much to recommend on the River Walk when it comes to Mexican food. My wife and I were just there this past week and ate one night at Casa Rio, mainly because of its reputation and history. It was certainly inexpensive, but the food was nothing special. None of the other Mexican restaurants on the RW looked or rated any better, so we mostly dined elsewhere.

IMO, the best restaurant on the River Walk is Boudro's. We ate there twice and really enjoyed it both times. It's definitely not Mexican though.

-JimG

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mexican food on the riverwalk

My suggestion would be to have appetizers and drinks on the River..Iron Cactus has a good happy hour with both..If you are intent on eating on the River,then Boudros is a very good but pricey option...Mi Tierra is a good choice for Tex-Mex and so is Rosarios..Both are walkable from town and inexpensive..Like most cities, you have to go away from the tourist areas to find good regional food...

colorado
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mexican food on the riverwalk

Thank you for the precise and helpful information. I always get good advice on this site and really appreciate it.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mexican food on the riverwalk

Mi Tierra www.mitierracafe.com or La Margarita www.lamargarita.com in the Market Square is definitely worth a stop for good Mexican Food.

7. Re: mexican food on the riverwalk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 13:17