We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good eats Near Westin La Cantera?

Strongsville
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Good eats Near Westin La Cantera?

Change of plans! We are going to be staying a Westin La Cantera.

I am curious now what restaurants are near this location? Again, love Mex, Tex, Spicy, BBQ, and Big Old Burgers and beer joints.

Thanks all in advance!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good eats Near Westin La Cantera?

If you look back at your other post when you changed your ??? I posted lots of good places to eat that are nearby the La Cantera.

Strongsville
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good eats Near Westin La Cantera?

Thank you for all your help!

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,208 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good eats Near Westin La Cantera?

Mex - Tiagos (The Rim), BBQ - Rudy's (Leon Springs,) Burgers - Longhorn or Willies (Leon Springs), Tex-Mex - Papa Nachos or Mi Casa Tamales[ if warm outside] (Leon Springs), Spicy - Burbon Street (Leon Springs). Others in Leon Spring area Fralos Pizza, The Grill, Scenic Loop Cafe. You also have many chain to choose from at The Rim & La Cantera.

San Antonio
Level Contributor
270 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good eats Near Westin La Cantera?

This is in my neighborhood-- only about 5 minutes from my house.

Francesca's at your resort is wonderful.

Highly suggest Paesano's, which is Italian. It's on 1604 and Northwest Military.

The Rim and La Cantera have mostly chain restaurants that you can find anywhere so I don't suggest eating there. Habanero's at The Rim, however, is a local build-your-own burrito place that can be fun. Their chile con queso is wonderful. Definitely a lunch place, not dinner.

In Leon Springs (about 5 minutes north of your resort), you will find the original Rudy's BBQ. I'm not a BBQ fan, but most people love it. If you go, you have to try the creamed corn.

Also, there is Papa Nacho's which is TexMex and quite good. Chipotle chicken and chipotle enchiladas are fantastic are their specialty.

Bourbon Street Cafe (same owner as Papa Nacho's) is creole. For outside of New Orleans, it's quite good and we go there for a fix often. Lots of spicy dishes.

Yummi Sushi bar is truly fantastic and has by far the best sushi in San Antonio. If you go, sit at the bar and enjoy the show and chatting with the sushi master. We go every week or two and love it.

For burgers, Willie's Icehouse is a great bet. If the weather is good, you can sit on the patio. They have live music on Thurs/Fri. Do NOT go to Longhorn Grill-- greasy and not nearly as good as Willie's.

For other Mexican, I recommend making the drive to El Chapparel (in Helotes, about 15-20 minutes). The other options near your resort (Las Palapas, Mi Casa Tamales) aren't very good.

5. Re: Good eats Near Westin La Cantera?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2012, 13:16