We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report March 3-7

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
30 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report March 3-7

Flew in from Atlanta on Airtran. No problems. Took the van shuttle to the Yellow Rose B&B. Shuttle cost: $16 (had $2 coupon), about $10 less than a taxi. The B&B was pleasant. The owners are helpful and are able to answer any questions you might have about SA. The housekeeper is very nice also. I enjoyed seeing the Riverwalk, the Alamo, and Market Square. I took the Trolley a few times and it is convenient and inexpensive. I also did a lot of walking.

The only negative about SA is that there is no grocery store dowtown. Where do people buy fruit? As a vegetarian, I had to search for acceptable places to eat. I did enjoy going to Azuca and Madhatters was OK.

All in all it was a good trip.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report March 3-7

Thanks for sharing your SA experience with us glad you had a good time in SA. Did you check out the Walgreen's or CVS???? Yes that is a bad thing no grocery store in the downtown area.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report March 3-7

Although there are no large grocery stores downtown; there are several HEB stores located within a few miles..You could take the bus or a short cab ride..One of the better ones; Marketplace is a few miles up Broadway and Whole Foods 281 N @ The Quarry..This City is limited for grocery choices..Unlike most big cities where you have a choice of 3 or more chains; here sadly there is pretty much 1 player(HEB)..They squeezed Albertsons out as well as Kroger...Did you check out Green and Twin Sisters downtown for vegan food?..

3. Re: Trip Report March 3-7

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 05:16