We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dancing

Memphis, TN USA
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dancing

I am coming in town for a fun weekend with a group of friends. We called the hotel to get recommendations for a FUN place to go dancing. The hotel concierge gave us the names of two places. I would love to get feedback from others on his recommendations. Anyone been to COWBOYS or the KREMLIN - I realize that both places are totally different. We are thinking of going to a place that plays Country Music one night and then would like to do dancing someplace that plays POP another night. Can anyone give me feedback on these two places... Are there better options.

Please no Techno!

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,722 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dancing

College crowd at Cowboy's, know not of the other.

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,228 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dancing

Cowboys, not sure about the college crowd its been a long while that I have been there. They may still have the indoor rodeo, but not sure. Kremlin no personal expereince so cannot comment on.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
17,002 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dancing

Cowboys is not downtown and about 20 min drive from the RW.

Kremlin seems to be in the location where Polyesther's was originally housed...if you are downtown then you could take a pass by but in general this place has changed formats/names several times.

both have web pages if you want to have a look

sort of depends on your age bracket, access to a car, willingness to take a taxi. etc.

Cowboys is the better choice

Memphis, TN USA
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dancing

We will have a car but would probably taxi since we will be drinking. We are all in our early to mid 30s -

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dancing

Cowboys has young crowds on Sundays but the others days it's a good mix of different ages there. I agree Cowboys www.cowboysdancehall.com/ is the better choice but than again I haven't even heard of Kremlin until now, so thanks tejashombre knowing where it was & what it used to be.

Salute @ 2801 N. St. Mary's has hip hop to rock on Saturday

Medicine Hat, Canada
Level Contributor
141 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Dancing

4 words. Howl at the moon! right on the river walk. Starts off with dueling pianos. But before the night is over there is a full blown band of very talented musicians! best time we had in years! And you can dance the night away!

KVR
Odessa, Texas
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dancing

We go to Howl at the Moon every trip. I so agree.

I really miss Poly Esters. We went to Kremlin last year and it was nothing but head banging music. Couldn't get into it.

I have been reading about the Republic of Texas. It's a resturant, but it states it turns into a dance club.

Try this link and see if there is anything that interests you:

sanantonio.com/nightlife/riverwalk-bars.html

Weatherford, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dancing

We went on Thursday night to the Kremlin and we'll never go back. We paid way too much for two shots of vodka and it was served up warm!?! And they call this place the Kremlin???

9. Re: Dancing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2013, 10:17