We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Date Ideas

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
First Date Ideas

What are some of your favorite first date restaurants/Bars in SA? A few of mine are La Fogata(drinks and appetizers only),Scenic loop Cafe,and The Oasis..Married folks can reply to this question,as a date,without the kid's..Of course movies,long drives,or loud clubs are out of the running..

OO
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
727 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Date Ideas

The Oasis outside Austin or is there one here too??

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Date Ideas

There is an Oasis at Medina Lake,by the Dam..I know the Oasis at Lake Travis,had a bad fire last year..

OO
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
727 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Date Ideas

I heard about their fire. Too bad. Our daughter started college at UT and that was one of the places we loved going when we visited. When she transferred to A&M we stopped visiting her. LOL

Haven't been to Medina yet. Is that Oasis the same concept? Must say, we never ate at the Travis location...went only for the sunset and Margaritas...first place I'd heard of clapping for the sunset, then we encountered it again in Mallory Sq in Key West. Fun times. Same thing at the Medina location?

Sorry, can't help with first date bars we are so far beyond that era of our lives, but the Oasis we knew at Lake Travis would have been fun. Not romantic necessarily, but I'd think it'd be fun to have a date in Gruene...eat at the Mill overlooking the river and enjoy the goings on in Gruene Hall.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Date Ideas

It is nice,but the view not as impressive..The proximity to SA makes it worth it,and any excuse to take the boat out,I am on it..Have you made a decision on your boat?..Key West is on my vacation list..It is ironic,because I lived in Fla.for 3 years(Miami Beach,Ft.Lauderdale,and Daytona Beach),but did noy visit The Key's..

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,425 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Date Ideas

Our first date - Spaghetti Warehouse (simple, reliable, Italian food) then live music - O'Neills Irish pub (gone,) Taco Land (sadly gone, but acid test - if she'll go with you to Taco Land she's a keeper!) The Lab (gone.)

Claude Ascolese

OO
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
727 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Date Ideas

No decision yet. We have to make it down to Port Aransas still to have a good look around. We are tossing money away every month with her slip fees in St Pete...unless we decide to leave her there and use the boat as our FL vacation home...which isn't such a bad thought, considering real estate prices there.

Texas
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: First Date Ideas

I believe the scenic loop cafe and the oasis at medina lake are nice places, sunset is great at the oasis. I also think Mi Tierra is nice because after the meal you can take an even stroll through the market.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First Date Ideas

Scenic loop is a nice drive and Patio,but the steaks should have been $8 cheaper..Build your own Margarita was fun..Mi Tierra is good for one thing..3 am munchies..

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,425 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First Date Ideas

I wouldn't clasify Mi Tierra's as romantic. It's touristy, loud, and bright, way fun at 3am after a night out or weekend morning.

There are many expensive, linen tablecloth, fro-fro, (not that there's anything wrong with that) places on the River (and other spots.)Here's my list:

Hotel Restaurants - Pesca on the River, Las Ramblas, Adam's Mark, The Landing, Anaqua Grill, Las Canarias Restaurant

Others on the River - Little Rhein Steak House, Fig Tree, Biga on the Banks, even the Palm or Paesanos

Away from downtown - Crumpets Restaurant & Bakery, Bistro Time, Silo, The Vineyards, Francesca's at Sunset