We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Closed to amtrack train station

Sherbrooke, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Hotel Closed to amtrack train station

We are looking for an hotel for 1 night in feb 28 close to the train station at a good price

Thank you very much

Gaétan

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,417 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Closed to amtrack train station

Look for hotels in the Sunset Station area. The Amtrak station is there. There is a Staybridge Suites that is highly rated.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60956-d657719-…

There is also a Best Western.

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Closed to amtrack train station

Gehrig gave you a good suggestion especially the Staybridge Suites www.staybridge.com/sunsetstation

The Red Roof Inn is nearby & also very nice www.redroof-san-antonio-downtown.com

oklahoma
Level Contributor
13 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Closed to amtrack train station

I am going in april and my train doesn't arrive until midnight. Will I need a taxi to the hotels and are taxis available at that time? I will just be there for one day and want to see the alamo and riverwalk. I'm a 60 yr old lady traveling alone. Thanks in advance for the advice .

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
16,093 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Closed to amtrack train station

bestwesternsunsetsuites.com/html/hotels-san-…

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
16,093 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Closed to amtrack train station

@ Jessica

where are you staying?

If you are staying at for ex. Mariott Rivercenter or Mariott Riverwalk then you can walk..

depends as well on how much luggage you might be bringing

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,417 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Closed to amtrack train station

Jessica, you are close at the Amtrak station but it does depend on which hotel you are staying. During the daylight I would say walk depending on the amount of luggage. After midnight, unless your hotel is in the Sunset Station area I would take a cab. Should be about 5 bucks. I would think the cabbies know the arrival time of the trains but if not you should have someone at the station who can call a cab or use your cell phone to contact Yellow Cab in San Antonio.

Yellow Cab 210 222-2222

Edited: 03 February 2013, 20:41
7. Re: Hotel Closed to amtrack train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2014, 07:16