We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Antonio Downtown Hotel Advice

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,228 posts
417 reviews
Save Topic
San Antonio Downtown Hotel Advice

Haven't been to San Antonio in almost 20 years so appreciate some local insights. I have a three-day meeting at Hyatt/Convention Center in early May. Our company uses Marriott. While I know the San Antonio Marriott next door would be nice, the prices are out of sight. How would the Courtyard Riverwalk be for convenience?

Thanks for your help.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,475 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Antonio Downtown Hotel Advice

I like to use the maps on google to get a feel for a city. So I googled the Courtyard Riverwalk and zoomed way in and counted blocks to the convention - two south and four east.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,417 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Antonio Downtown Hotel Advice

Courtyard Marriott is quite walkable. Not on the river but close enough.

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Antonio Downtown Hotel Advice

That a good clip away. If you want a Marriott, Plaza San Antonio is nearby. Other suggestions would be the Menger. Hyatt Regency, Hilton. There is also a La Quinta mid-rise a block away from the Grand Hyatt.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Antonio Downtown Hotel Advice

You are talking about Marriott Courtyard Riverwalk, correct. It's very walkable if you don't mind walking. www.marriott.com/satcr or you can catch the streetcar/trolley as well to the convention center.

www.viainfo.net/Buservice/Streetcar.aspx

5. Re: San Antonio Downtown Hotel Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2013, 10:28