We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JW Marriott vs Hill Country Hyatt vs La Cantera

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Antonio, Texas
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
JW Marriott vs Hill Country Hyatt vs La Cantera

What are your opinions for a long weekend next weekend, February 16th. This is our 15th anniversary, so going on a "stay cation". Thanks so much for your opinions!!!

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JW Marriott vs Hill Country Hyatt vs La Cantera

I have been to all and actually stayed in the Marriott. All are nice. The room I had at the marriott was great, but it was an upgrade room, not a std room. But there is not much around there so be prepared to eat on-site, and the food was leave a lot to be desired, but I have had worse. Traffic on 281 is very bad and not worth leaving the hotel for. All there have very nice pools, marriott the best with water slides, but wrong time of year for that. The golf course is very hard. If you do stay there buy the resort card from the bellman, much cheaper then the $25 per day resort fee and it includes two house drinks.

La Cantera has a lot of places to eat around the area. 2 nice golf courses with a very nice muni a few miles away. Close to the Mall & The Rim. It would be my choice, unless you do not care to leave the Marriott grounds.

I would only consider the Hyatt if you were going to Sea World and not sure if they are open.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JW Marriott vs Hill Country Hyatt vs La Cantera

They are all great places to stay so you can't go wrong with either of them.

This is my order of stay IMO

La Cantera www.westinlacantera.com great location & has a very romantic feel to it so it's great for anniversary. You have the Shops at La Cantera nearby www.theshopsatlacantera.com for some shopping + you have lots of good places to eat nearby.

JW Marriott has a nice ambiance with the Hill Country feel to it + it is newer with lots of newer technology things + there are a few restaurants nearby that are good.

Hyatt is a nice place not that many places nearby to eat but a nice place to relax since you can use the water area but you can take a stroll.

Edited: 10 February 2012, 06:08
3. Re: JW Marriott vs Hill Country Hyatt vs La Cantera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 16:22