We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need your help,pleaseeee!

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
100 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Need your help,pleaseeee!

We are a couple on our 50's .Staying at the Embassy suites at the riverwalk . thanks to your reviews,from Saturday to thursday so now I need your experience to make my schedule .This is the places I would like to visit.

San Fernando Cathedral, I belive there is a mariachi mass at 5:30 on Sat. then what?

Riverboat. when? Trolley 2 day pass?

Mission Trial when and how? We will not have a car

.Alamo and the Imax presentation.

Tower of Americas. Maybe Japanese Tea garden,for some pace and quite, it's worthy? and how to get there.

King william district.

Now,the restaurants, Mi tierra, of course, La margarita? Boudros? Texas Barbeque?close to the hotel (for the reason of the no car)

Please help me, we kind of followers not leaders and need a schedule to follow or we waist time going in circles. Thank you very much you do a great job.

Edited: 10 March 2012, 05:08
San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need your help,pleaseeee!

You will need a car for Mission Trail. You can rent one for the day downtown. Tea Garden, you can get there by bus #7.

Marlin Texas USA
Level Contributor
251 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need your help,pleaseeee!

For an enjoyable overview of San Antonio, and a lot of the interesting sites, take the Alamo Trolley Tour. The cost is very reasonable, and it's a get on and off" tour. For example, at the Texas Institute of Cultures, you get off, spend as much time seeing the exhibits of the different nationalities that have contributed to Texan culture, then go out to the trolley stop and take the next trolley to another destination. One of the missions is included, and the trolley passes others, so you see them. You both will enjoy the ride and not have to contend with directions and traffic.

Also, please visit the San Antonio Museum of Art--it has an outstanding collection of Latin American folk art that you'll see nowhere else. You may enjoy the San Antonio Botanical Gardens, too. The Gardens represent each ecological area of Texas, from West Texas dry to East Texas swampy, with appropriate plantings for each. The Carriage House restaurant offers a great lunch with herbs grown in the gardens.

Either Mi Tierra or La Margarita--they are owned by the same family and are basically the same.

After the Mariachi Mass, wander down to the RiverWalk and sit outside at Jim Cullum's Landing and enjoy some good jazz and a cool drink.

You will love San Antonio! So much to do, so much fun.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,137 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need your help,pleaseeee!

Here are two companies that offer transportation and guided touring of the Missions on the Mission Trail. Cannot vouch for either but maybe you can get some help from the San Antonio experts about these tours.

visitsanantonio.com/visitors/…

historictexastours.com/mission-trail-tours.h…

Beaumont, Texas USA
Destination Expert
for Beaumont
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need your help,pleaseeee!

Can't vouch for the tour company either, and in a quick search, did not see any reviews. Perhaps you could start a new topic asking specifically about Mission Trail Tours...

Do visit the San Antonio Convention and Visitors Bureau's VisitSanAntonio.com website! It's a good resource for visitors. The downtown streetcar and the Sightseer Bus (municipal bus line #7) will help with some of your itinerary.

You'll find information here:

visitsanantonio.com/visitors/…index.aspx

I'd recommend the Rio San Antonio River Tours:

http://riosanantonio.com/rivertours/

Check out the site for other ideas on things to do and see!

Level Contributor
100 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need your help,pleaseeee!

Thank you so much for your ideas, This will be my forth trip using this site for advise and always be a sucess so I know we'll enjoy San Antonio as well. Did you think we should take the river boat on Sunday or during the weekday ? maybe is to pack during the weekend.?

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,137 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need your help,pleaseeee!

The crowds should not be overwhelming even on a weekend. There are multiple points to pick up the river barge tours. If crowds are a problem avoid the Rivercenter location and buy your tickets and take the river tour from the Aztec Theater.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need your help,pleaseeee!

Depending on when you arrive on Sat I would take the river tour cruise 1st so you can get familiar with the riverwalk & good info on the 35 min narrated cruise along the riverwalk. It will definitely help you with your bearings of the riverwalk so you'll know where to go & what to do. Definitely go the the mass at San Fernando www.sfcathedral.org then have dinner at Boudro's www.boudros.com with the appetizer guacamole prepared tableside with a yummy Prickly Pear Margarita.

Since you won't have a car definitely get the trolley pass to get around SA especially if you don't want to do a lot of walking.

www.viainfo.net/Busservice/streetcar.aspx

If you don't want to rent a car to see all of the missions www.nps.gov/saan you can rent a bike to do the mission trails they have a path to each of the missions check out the bike trail to see the route.

That's a great idea about see the movie "Price of Freedom" @ the IMAX www.imax-sa.com @ Rivercenter Mall www.shoprivercenter.com to get a better understanding of the Alamo www.thealamo.org

Tower of the Americas www.toweroftheamericas.com you can take the trolley/streetcar with your pass or just walk depending on you.

Yes the Japanese Tea Garden is worth a visit www.wildtexas.com/parks/bracken.php you can get there with the public bus VIA which they have a Sightseer Special on route # 7 www.viainfo.net/Busservice/schedules.aspx you can buy the day pass for it & see all the sites that's on route 7.

You can walk the King William area www.kingwilliamassociation.org then walk over to the Guenther House www.guentherhouse.com which is in the King William & have breakfast or lunch.

You can use a sight seeing tour that may help you out since you won't have a car. www.alamosightseeingtours.com or www.SanAntonioTours.net

For some good BBQ on the riverwalk you have County Line BBQ http://countyline.com

Hope this helps you out in planning your stay in SA so you'll have a great visit in SA.

Any ??? on this just ask be glad to help !!!!

I hope you plan to do a Trip Report when you return so we'll know what you did & if you enjoyed it or what problems you had.

8. Re: Need your help,pleaseeee!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 11:43