We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in July

Wausau, WI
5 posts
Save Topic
Weather in July

I'm heading to San Antonio from July 12-16. What is the weater typically like during that time period. Packing suggestions would be great!

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in July

Hot and Humid..Even at night it will be in the high 70's..

Southeast Missouri
Level Contributor
243 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in July

What about the weather in the first two weeks of June? Should we pack anything for chily nights, or only pack for hot weather?

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in July

Hot. For someone from Wisconsin, very hot. Typically in upper 90's, likely over 100. Might get down to 78 or so at 5AM, but rises quickly.

San Antonio
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in July

The NWS monthly historical temperature data for San Antonio can be found at:

srh.noaa.gov/ewx/html/cli/sat/satmontemp.htm

Keep in mind that these are monthly averages and spikes both high and low can occur at any time and it generally (although not always) gets hotter at the end of a summer month than it was at the beginning. Just for kicks, I looked up the records for last year. July highs ranged from 87 to 102, lows from 71 to 78, with the avg. high of 95.7 and avg. low of 74.8. June highs ranged from 88 to 98, lows from 65 to 77, avg. high 92.4 and avg. low 72.7.

I suggest you check the 10 day forecast for the city on the NWS site or another site such as Intellicast.com or Weather.com before you leave to get a better idea of what to expect than any of us can give based on our previous experience.