We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November Visit

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
296 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
November Visit

We are visiting San Antonio over Thanksgiving. Want to go to Sea World, the Alamo, Children's Museum. What is the weather like during this time of the year? I am mixed in my Riverwalk hotel decision. We want a riverfront hotel/resort with a kid friendly pool, updated, clean, within walking distance to things etc. Any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Alamo
Alamo
Texas
Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
18,616 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: November Visit

Marriot RiverCenter

attached to River Center mall

probably has the biggest pool

La Mansion has a nice pool

original Hyatt pool is roof top and has a great view of the city

Menger pool is very nice...ala Hollywood 50s feel, palm trees..not on the river though..just a few steps away

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,683 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: November Visit

It will probably be too cool to swim unless you get an indoor pool.

I'm not positive but here's a list of indoor pools:

Marriot River/Center

Marriot Riverwalk

Drury Plaza

Other regular posters check me here and add/correct please .

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: November Visit

The weather as you know is unpredictable. LOL especially here it could be very warm or on the cooler side.

Here is a website to see the averages.

www.visitSanAntonio.com/weather.aspx

here is a website for past history

www.srh.noaa.gov

I have to say most time it's pretty warm. I've been know to have the AC at Thanksgiving or sometimes it's the heat. LOL

You were given great choices for hotel with indoor pools & those are the only ones that I know of as well.

The Drury Plaza may have a little more for your money with it's FREE amenities but the Marriott Rivercenter is also another good choice since it open up to the mall as well to the riverwalk.

Edited: 22 May 2012, 15:45
Mentioned in this post
San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter
San Antonio Marriott...
1,681 Reviews
San Antonio, TX
4. Re: November Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 09:41
Get answers to your questions about San Antonio