We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good day trip from San Antonio?

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,584 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
good day trip from San Antonio?

Hi, I'll have some free time on my trip to San Antonio. I've been to Austin and Bandera. I was thinking Corpus Christi? or? I'm open but would like to see something different this time around. i read the things to do but was looking for a nice one day out of town trip. Open to suggestions

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good day trip from San Antonio?

I would suggest Port Aransas..The Key West of Texas..Island vibe..Rent a golf cart...You can drive on the beach..Lots of good fishing either from shore or charter...Enjoy a margarita and some seafood while watching the sunset..

Kanagawa...
Level Contributor
103 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good day trip from San Antonio?

Port A is nice...have you been to Fredericksburg yet?

http://www.fredericksburg-texas.com/

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,584 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good day trip from San Antonio?

thanks, I've been to Fredickburg. It was suggested a drive to Corpus Christi, would Port Aransas be similar distance wise?

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
6,082 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good day trip from San Antonio?

Port Aransas is across the bay from Corpus Christi. It is about a 30 minute drive from the city. Port A is a small town on Mustang Island with beaches directly on the Gulf of Mexico.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
17,691 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: good day trip from San Antonio?

http://www.portaransas.org/

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: good day trip from San Antonio?

Port Aransas is very nice but so is Corpus. Corpus has a lot to offer as in sites to see which Gehrig could tell you about it a lot better Corpus would be a good day drip www.corpuschristicvb.com

Have you been to Johnson City if not, it's a nice place to visit + a nice drive as well. It's the home of our 36th President. www.lbjcountry.com

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,604 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: good day trip from San Antonio?

In the heat of the summer (and fall) I prefer to head for the rivers. Lots of choices even this year with low rainfall. New Braunfels has two great choices - the Comal and Guadalupe. There are also great spots further up river on the Guadalupe like Guadalupe River State Park. San Marcos also has a great river. Wimberly has some great swimming holes. And the Frio near Concan is great.

8. Re: good day trip from San Antonio?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2013, 10:17