We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lackland AF Graduation....

Bayville, New Jersey
Level Contributor
9 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Lackland AF Graduation....

I know this sounds repetetive but I havent found an answer and some are old so I know things have changed...so here goes...

I am going to see my son graduate (God willing) on December 14th at Lackland AFB. I will be arriving on December 12th and leaving on the 16th. It will be myself, my friend and his girlfriend. I really don't want to stay at any hotels around the base as they seem a little rundown and far from anything. I also have been researching and no locals have anything good to say! I am renting a car. Is the Riverwalk really far and inconvenient? If the Riverwalk is ok, then what is a good decent, NICE hotel that is maybe easier access to highway I need to get to so I can get to Lackland every morning easier?? any ideas?? I have to admit, while I don't at ALL mind driving ( I will bring my gps) I don't want to get stuck in traffic and be late to anything!! Please HELP>>>>>>>

Green, Ohio
Level Contributor
7 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Lackland AF Graduation....

Tips for attending BMT graduation. We recently attended ceremonies in June 2013, be advised it's going to be HOT! Dress comfortably and wear sensible shoes you will do a lot of walking on base as the first day is base liberty only. It's the military "hurry up and wait" is a way of life, plan accordingly if taking young children or elderly relatives. Don't worry about finding the closest hotel to the base. Once you're on the 410 Loop it is very easy access to the base. Do yourself a favor and stay a little farther from the base in a nice area. DO NOT waste your hard earned $50 on the video sold by BASIC Video Productions. The audio is terribly distorted, there is a 5 second snippet of the Airman's Run and Coin Ceremony the bulk of the video is from the parade and features more shots of family members in the bleachers than it does of the Airmen. Save your money!! Check out the Alamo Quarry Market about 20 mins from base. It is a large outdoor shopping area with every store imaginable, many restaurant choices and a fabulous movie theater. The River Walk is nice however the restaurants are extremely overpriced as is the shopping and it is a very congested area. Hope this helps, enjoy!

Edited: 16 August 2013, 18:41
Doncaster, England...
1 post
Save Reply
22. Re: Lackland AF Graduation....

Thanks for sharing this info with us!!!

http://www.roadhousecoupons.com/

23. Re: Lackland AF Graduation....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2014, 05:17