We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

amtrac to vegas

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MANCHESTER, UK
Level Contributor
129 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
amtrac to vegas

Hi has anyone done san antonioto vegas on amtrak. We are from the uk and have been to america ALOT but ever used the train and quite fancy it!

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,058 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: amtrac to vegas

There is no train service to Las Vegas, unfortunately. You could train to Los Angeles and then pick up a shuttle bus or rent a car to get to Las Vegas.

Amtrak will show you options to get to Vegas but they will take you an incredible amount of time and involve taking a 3 hour bus ride from Kingman. Unless you must take the train and have a lot of time on your hands, I suggest taking a flight.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,078 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: amtrac to vegas

Unfortunately, the days of "nice" ride on the train are few. If you do Google search on Amtrak reviews the bad ones out number the good ones. I have wanted to do an Amtrak trip for last 10 years, but all those bad reviews about 7 hour delays sitting on a track, train late to pick you up at your stop, train sitting for hours, smelly restrooms and extremely rude and unhappy employees. I just can't do it.

Read some of the reviews. It is possible that the trains in California are more desirable and better kept. Some are short routes like San Diego to Los Angeles. That might be a better option and you still get to have a train ride. You could also do a post over on the Calif. forum.

Southwest Airlines has great rates to Las Vegas and that's what I would recommend.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: amtrac to vegas

I agree that Southwest would be your best option from SA since there is no train.

www.southwest.com

4. Re: amtrac to vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2014, 21:15