We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drury Plaza, Drury Inn & Suites or Embassy Suites Riverwalk?

Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Drury Plaza, Drury Inn & Suites or Embassy Suites Riverwalk?

Family of five, mom, dad, 3 boys ages 12, 9 &9. Would like a two room suite on the Riverwalk. We haven't been to Riverwalk in 10 years so like a first visit. We're looking at these three (unless someone has a better suggestion), Drury Plaza or Inn & Suites Riverwalk or Embassy Suites Riverwalk. How is the location for each also?

Thanks for any help!

Mentioned in this post
River Walk
River Walk
22,034 Reviews
San Antonio, TX
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,813 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drury Plaza, Drury Inn & Suites or Embassy Suites Riverwalk?

My daughter and I stayed in the 2 room suite at ESuites about a year ago. It is a new hotel and we were very happy. I got the sofa bed in the LRm and I was shocked how comfortable it was. (We recently did the same thing at a Courtyard and I was miserable on their sofa bed).

The ES also has Manager's Cocktail Happy Hour and a fantastic huge dining room in the lobby which does a great free breakfast buffet. I enjoyed my stay.

The ES is on the Riverwalk and 4 blocks down Commerce Street to the Alamo and 2 more blocks to River Center Mall.

Hope this helps

Mentioned in this post
River Walk
River Walk
22,034 Reviews
San Antonio, TX
The Alamo
The Alamo
15,712 Reviews
San Antonio, TX
Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
9,304 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drury Plaza, Drury Inn & Suites or Embassy Suites Riverwalk?

I'll second the Embassy Suites. Our party of three adults stayed there just last week and loved it. My review of the hotel has been published on here if you're interested.

Its on a quieter stretch of the River Walk, but its only about a two minute walk to the busier area.

Mentioned in this post
River Walk
River Walk
22,034 Reviews
San Antonio, TX
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drury Plaza, Drury Inn & Suites or Embassy Suites Riverwalk?

The Embassy Suites is a good choice but so is the Drury Plaza which is a great value for your money as well with it's FREE amenities but you can't go wrong with either of them just depends on which meets your criteria better & budget.

Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drury Plaza, Drury Inn & Suites or Embassy Suites Riverwalk?

Thanks for the help! We're really leaning towards the Drury hotels on the Riverwalk. They have the best prices/free amenities. Now to choose the Drury Plaza or Inn & Suites?! Any help choosing between the two?

Mentioned in this post
River Walk
River Walk
22,034 Reviews
San Antonio, TX
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,813 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drury Plaza, Drury Inn & Suites or Embassy Suites Riverwalk?

save.visitsanantonio.com/Deal-Map.aspx…

The URL above has some info on savings at the Drury's. Courtesy of the SA Visitors Center

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drury Plaza, Drury Inn & Suites or Embassy Suites Riverwalk?

Personally I like the Drury Plaza for lobby looks & feel + they have an indoor pool as well if that is of any interest + a block closer on the RW to main area..

www.druryhotels.com/properties/alamo.cfm

As I Stated you can't go wrong with any of them just which meets your criteria better or budget.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
6,474 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Drury Plaza, Drury Inn & Suites or Embassy Suites Riverwalk?

Not to get in an argument with you but I have recently stayed at all of these and Drury does not compare to Embassy Suites. If the price is within $30/night I would not hesitate to choose Embassy Suites over Drury unless price alone is the key determiner. All the amenities, from in room to breakfast and happy hour are superior. Rooms are much larger, beds are more comfortable, etc. Just my recent observation.

Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Drury Plaza, Drury Inn & Suites or Embassy Suites Riverwalk?

I welcome all comments/suggestions! We've enjoyed Embassy Suites elsewhere and love them. The Riverwalk one charges more for parking, no free wireless, higher nightly rate. Which of the 3 hotels in original post:

1. Best views

2. Best location

3. Close to bar, Restaurants

4. What kind f room would you recommend for family of 5

Mentioned in this post
River Walk
River Walk
22,034 Reviews
San Antonio, TX
Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
9,304 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Drury Plaza, Drury Inn & Suites or Embassy Suites Riverwalk?

We just stayed at the Embassy Suites and got free internet for being Hilton Honors members, which is a free program. We're lowest level members and still got the free internet.

Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Drury Plaza, Drury Inn & Suites or Embassy Suites Riverwalk?

Thanks thats good to know!