We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calling all who have visited S.A.

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rowlett, TX
7 posts
Save Topic
Calling all who have visited S.A.

I am now seriously considering staying outside of the direct "partying" of the riverwalk.

Can anyone suggest a good hotel that is away, but not too far away?

We are still trying to find a relatively nice hotel, considering it is our 2nd anniversary...

Thanks,

shutterbug

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calling all who have visited S.A.

Try the Omni on I-10 for decent rates. It's 10 min from downtown. Westin La Cantera is more remote, and much more expensive. The St. Anthony is a couple of blocks off the Riverwalk, and the Westin on the river is away from 'party central.' Hyatt Hill Country is overrun with kids.

You'll have lots of posts on this topic, but this is what I'm familar with.

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Calling all who have visited S.A.

Or try Hawthorn Suites. It's on the riverwalk but an easy 20 minute walk to DT along the river. No traffic involved. Just pedestrians, and you can go by boatshutttle too.

Maine
Level Contributor
756 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calling all who have visited S.A.

Just returned from San Antonio and stayed at the La Cantera half the trip and then the Drury Inn Northwest. We like them both very much. The La Cantera is very expensive and bit more then what we wanted with Valet parking etc but the location was absolutely wonderful, great view, great pools etc. It is about $200 a night. We really liked the Drury as well and it gets great reviews by most. I would say that for the price it was a better deal. We got it for about $80 a night. The room was larger then a normal hotel room and was nice and clean. The hotel itself is very clean and the lobby is impressive. The price includes free hot breakfast and free snacks and drinks in the evening. The location is central to the theme parks and the downtown. It is about 10 minutes from both. There are many restaraunts nearby. The only downfall with the Drury was that there were always a bunch of kids in the lobby area hanging out. There were obviously a couple large groups staying there (there were buses parked in the lot). I think they were there for Fiesta events though. The Drury is certainly is not nearly as fancy or romantic as many others in the area but it all depends on what you want to spend.

Alabama
Level Contributor
40 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Calling all who have visited S.A.

Consider a Bed & Breakfast. WE stayed at the Jackson House - a Nobles Inn - 2 weeks ago. I would recommend the 2nd floor - king room. Very roomy with a nice bathroom. Great breakfast in the morning and at night there are cookies and mixed nuts and juice when you come in. Also, it is only about a 10 minute walk to the Riverwalk. You can walk the road or the river. In the King William District.

5. Re: Calling all who have visited S.A.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 09:17