We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Hill Country

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
texas
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hyatt Hill Country

We will be staying at the Hill Country Hyatt next week. We have 2 teen boys (13 and 14) and a 2 year-old. Any advice on room requests or things to do when we go? Thanks in advance!

McGregor, TX
Level Contributor
619 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt Hill Country

I've been waiting for someone else to reply since no doubt there's someone who can do a better job, but since no one has I'll give it a try.

We always ask for adjoining rooms in the Hyatt Hill Country and were lucky on one of our stays to receive rooms that were not connected, per se, but each had their own door with a key (and you can get common keys) and they had a common door to the hall which could be closed off. I think with teens that would be pretty great. My main advice would be to find a map of the property on-line (couldn't find it to link... sorry, but I know it's there somewhere, or call the 1-800 number and they can fax it) and figure out where you'd best like to stay. We have stayed in three different locations, and my favorite was actually the one closest to the elevator. It felt like we walked MILES down maze-like hallways lugging pool stuff. I'm sure there were closer stairs, but the kids were too small at the time. One time we were on the wing with the ballrooms, which was far from the dining but close to the pool.

Plan a day at Sea World, but bring a stroller (or money to rent one). In fact, you can buy multi-day passes for Sea World and break it in to smaller chunks which is what I prefer to do. Don't know the cost differential, but there is a lot to see at Sea World and you're battling two very different attention spans. My kids preferred morning at Sea World, afternoon by the pool over two days.

My kids are younger than yours, so I don't know much about teen activities, but your boys should like the lazy river. The website also talks about something called "Undergound" which is teenage activities. My friends kids always have a great time; my kids are less adventurous, but I hear stories about poolside movies and making s'mores. There's always golf, tennis, and bikes for rent, and a small playground for the 2 yr. old. My kids found the pool area a little boring, but they like "active" swimming (water slides etc.) instead of tubing.

Sorry this isn't too helpful... I hope you have a great time!

2. Re: Hyatt Hill Country

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 07:19