We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay near Sea World or Riverwalk

Dallas, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Stay near Sea World or Riverwalk

I'm taking my 11 yr. old on a mother/daughter trip. We will be spending 2 nights and going to sea world as well as the water park the next day. Should I plan to stay near Sea World or on the Riverwalk? I anticipate visiting the Riverwalk in the evenings so I'm really not sure which is best.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4,538 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay near Sea World or Riverwalk

I'd be inclined to stay closer to Sea World, since that is where you will apparently be spending most of your time. That way no traffic in the morning getting there from the Riverwalk area and if you need to you could more easily go back to the hotel for a mid-day break. You'll probably be pretty tired in the evenings after all day out in the heat in the parks, so you can drive downtown for dinner and a stroll (or water taxi ride) along the Riverwalk--that would probably be enough.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,519 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay near Sea World or Riverwalk

+1 for the above advice. Parking is free at hotels away from the Riverwalk. Afternoon nap is one of my recommendations for any theme park, particularly if there are late shows. Keeps everyone from being cranky.

When visiting the river, you can park for free at the Pearl. It is a fair walk from there to the downtown area but you can use the water taxi. Parking down town will be in the $10 neighborhood.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay near Sea World or Riverwalk

Agree with the above posters.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,603 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stay near Sea World or Riverwalk

I have to disagree with the above. I think you will be hard pressed to go all day at Sea World, then return to your hotel and make a 20 minute drive into town to enjoy the Riverwalk, knowing you have another 20 minute drive back to the hotel.

Personally I would much rather stay downtown, spend two half days at Sea World and its waterpark, then return for a relaxing evening on the Riverwalk knowing I can stay out as long or as little as I want then walk back to my hotel.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stay near Sea World or Riverwalk

Gehrig makes a good point !!!!!

6. Re: Stay near Sea World or Riverwalk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about San Antonio