We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't find the restaurant...

Eustis, Florida
Level Contributor
28 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Can't find the restaurant...

Hello everyone,

I'm heading your way next week and have been combing through this forum for several days now. You can't imagine how helpful that has been.

My question:

Does anyone know of a Tex-Mex restaurant menu that specifies vegetarian and even goes into detail at the bottom about veggie beans and veggie entrees cooked in veggie oil and all other entrees cooked in peanut oil? It even mentioned that one item had chicken broth in it. I was soooo excited to find a restaurant that went into such detail and now I've lost the name and have sunken into deep despair of ever finding it again...

Any help you can give is most appreciated!

San Antonio
Level Contributor
65 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't find the restaurant...

Not sure if this is the one of which you're thinking -- but our favorite "vegetarian friendly" Tex-Mex restaurant is Adelante -- on Brees just off New Braunfels.

McGregor, TX
Level Contributor
711 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't find the restaurant...

Are you thinking of Adelante in Alamo Heights? I don't remember it having a detailed menu like that though. Zuni Grill on the Riverwalk has some vegetarian entrees (veggie burgers), but again, don't remember the detailed menu.

Boardwalk Bistro next to the Witte has lots of vegetarian choices if you're planning on going to that museum.

Good luck...

McGregor, TX
Level Contributor
711 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't find the restaurant...

Sorry agru... we posted at the same time. Glad to know we're on the same wavelength!

San Antonio, TX
Level Contributor
4 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can't find the restaurant...

Twin Sisters is veggie-friendly. They have many Tex-Mex options on their menu. Their main restaurant is in Alamo Heights (20 minutes north of downtown) but they have a small branch in the downtown area. Call their main restaurant 210.822-0761 and ask them about your specifications.

Eustis, Florida
Level Contributor
28 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can't find the restaurant...

Thanks so much! My husband and I are vegetarian and we'll be there for almost a week so I'm sure we'll have time to try all of your recommendations.

San Antonio
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Can't find the restaurant...

If you want an assortment of restaurants to choose from, this site should be helpful to you:

vegetarian-restaurants.net/usa/San-Antonio-V…

My personal favorite on the list is La Fiesta Patio Cafe on Pat Booker. Granted, it's location near Randolph AFB is far away from the usual suggested restaurants you'll see on this board, but my experience is that it is definitely worth the drive (especially the puffy tacos!!!!). The atmosphere is very down home and definitely not pretentious in any way. The staff is very accomodating and knowledgeable on the food preparation and can answer all your questions. Vegan friends from out of town always suggest we meet there at least once during their visits.