We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin La Cantera

S M
USA
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Westin La Cantera

Is it ok to bring some snacks from home for the kids to munch on when in the pool area? Also, is it ok to bring a 'special' adult beverage as well in a cup from our room down to the pool area?

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,395 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin La Cantera

We have stayed there but not recently. Can't imagine any reason for you not go be allowed to bring your own food and drinks. Probably no glass at the pool but otherwise I think you will be fine.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,464 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin La Cantera

I don't have any experience with Westin La Cantera, but pools with a bar are required to not allow beverages to be brought in. My experience at other pools is that they are not real strict. I have brought insulated mugs with adult beverages and not been stopped. Coolers and cans of beer draw more attention and cannot be allowed.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
16,036 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin La Cantera

ditto ^^^

adult sippy cups : )

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,395 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Westin La Cantera

Octoboy is spot on. Wasn't thinking about the pool as a bar. Yes, just be discreet!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
283 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Westin La Cantera

At the main pool at the hotel there is a bar right there, so it's not hard to get a beer quickly and easily. Yes you're paying for it, but I tend to opt for convenience. Snacks are no biggie, just toss them in the swim bag (assuming you carry one like we do).

if you can talk your way into an upgrade to a casita, which is down the hill, you have the one pool surrounded by casitas. I got upgraded once, and brought a cooler of beer for myself (and wife) which we parked on the back porch while we watched the kids swim. No problems at all with that route.

6. Re: Westin La Cantera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2014, 06:19