We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First-timers to SA

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
First-timers to SA

My husband and I will be in SA Nov 7-10. We would definitely like to see The Alamo and Riverwalk. What are some other must see attractions in or outside SA? Do we need to rent a car if we decide to stay within SA? I will be celebrating my birthday while we are there. Any suggestions on restaurant for birthday dinner? Any type and price range is open. I think we have decided on staying at Omni La Mansion. Is Omni the best overall selection for hotel on Riverwalk? Centrally located?

Thank you for all suggestions!

1. Re: First-timers to SA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 15:51
San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,386 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First-timers to SA

What are you interested in? I love live music, so catching some would be on me list. As to restaurants, again do you have a cuisine preference? Bohanan's is a great high end steak restaurant. I also like Biga and Il Sogno.

La Mansion is great, I just don't like paying those prices. As I've said (many times) before I almost always use Hotwire or Priceline and get a great hotel for around $100 per night.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
840 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First-timers to SA

The "Big Three" are the Alamo, the Riverwalk and the San Antonio Missions. If you're into taxidermy you'll want to drop by the Buckhorn Saloon near the Alamo, and if you're into churches (and haven't overdosed after the Missions), you'll want to drop into San Fernando Cathedral. If you have time and are "collecting" observation decks, you can head over to the Tower of the Americas in the HemisFair Park, but I wouldn't call that a must. The two furthest Missions are rough to do without a car or bike rental, so you might want to cave in and rent the car if you want to do them. I'm not sure about the amusement parks, SeaWorld or the zoo, but if you're pretty much staying downtown and don't care about the two furthest Missions, then you don't need the rental. You would, of course, also need the rental if you want to take a daytrip to the Natural Bridge Caverns.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
23,625 posts
519 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First-timers to SA

The Alamo, Riverwalk, and Natural Caverns.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
15,210 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First-timers to SA

OP's bday has already passed

6. Re: First-timers to SA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2015, 05:15