We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JW Marriott, Nov/Dec, transportation

USA
Level Contributor
625 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
JW Marriott, Nov/Dec, transportation

My spouse will be attending a conference at this resort shortly after Thanksgiving. It looks like a nice resort, but I am not a golfer, nor am I into hanging by the pool (probably too cool for that anyway); I am more interested in seeing the sites, such as Riverwalk and the Alamo, which apparently are quite a distance away. I'd rather not rent a car just for myself. I am debating if I really want to use some of my precious vacation days to go along, although it would be nice to have a reprieve from the early winter weather where we live. Any ideas on transportation options, other active stuff to do at the resort, or should I just skip this trip? Thanks all.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
17,360 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JW Marriott, Nov/Dec, transportation

I'd email the hotel directly to see if there are shuttles or offerings.

rental car or taxi is about your only bet

san antonio
Level Contributor
2,965 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JW Marriott, Nov/Dec, transportation

There's nothing around there for miles. I know they offer shuttles to some places for dinner. Unless you're staying on the Riverwalk, you really need a car in SA, everything's very spread out and cabs could get expensive quickly. I can drive to the airport in <15 minutes and it's about a $25 cab ride.

USA
Level Contributor
625 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JW Marriott, Nov/Dec, transportation

Thanks, all. I did email the resort. The response was: there are no shuttles to downtown; taxi is ~$60-70 (didn't say if that was one way or round trip) and private town car is ~$100-120. They do have a Hertz rental office at the resort, so a one day rental is feasible. What is parking/cost like near Riverwalk?

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,580 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JW Marriott, Nov/Dec, transportation

There's a whole discussion about parking under the top questions. Short Answer bout 10 bucks per day. If you rent from the airport you would save on the transfer to the resort.

What other things are you interested in? Natural Bridge Caverns are relatively unique. Live music venues, particularly Greune Hall and Sam's Burger Joint should offer evening entertainment.

5. Re: JW Marriott, Nov/Dec, transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 06:21