We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riverwalk hotels

Riverwalk hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2016, 23:00
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,805 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riverwalk hotels

Red Roof Inn at 1011 E Houston St. It is across the street from the Rivercenter Mall downtown.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,580 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riverwalk hotels

To be clear the Red Roof Inn is not on the river. When I need to stay downtown, I use Hotwire 4-Star hotel in the Riverwalk West and La Villita area or the Riverwalk East and Alamo. There is no guarantee you'll get a hotel on the river, but I usually do.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,805 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riverwalk hotels

Sorry. Octoboy is correct. My brain was zeroed in on "inexpensive". Sorry.

However, it is under four minutes or less to walk to that section of river staircase down to the river.

Edited: 10 October 2013, 23:14
Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,965 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riverwalk hotels

I guess the important question is what is "expensive" to you. You should have no trouble getting a nice room on the river for under $150.00US per night which is a bargain compared to the $400-$500 per night I have paid in Manhattan and Boston.. Try the Drury properties or go to San Antonio Vacation experience for riverwalk deals.

visitsanantonio.com/english/…Lodging

Coconut Creek...
Level Contributor
31 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riverwalk hotels

On the river-walk everything is going to be "expensive", remember location, location, location. Our fav is the Westin. On the river our course.

Texas
Level Contributor
512 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riverwalk hotels

The Menger is about a block from the river and is next door to the Alamo. It is a historic hotel and an attraction itself. There is a Groupon discount for $85/night. If you have car, parking will be around $15/day at most hotels on the river.

Schulenburg, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riverwalk hotels

The Menger is a "lovely" old hotel, our choice when in SA....NOT exactly on the river, but close enough....and if you can get it for 85 a nite, that's good...But do remember I said OLD hotel, some of the rooms are TINY....just fyi.......it really is a great location...La Mansion on the river is nice as well, not sure price on that one.

8. Re: Riverwalk hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 05:17