We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving with 2 year old from SA, TX to SD, CA

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
driving with 2 year old from SA, TX to SD, CA

hubby doesn't like flying so we are driving.

when he drove by himself last time, it took him almost a day with no sleep over at a motel - yes i no, dangerous!!!!

but this time we will be stopping at a hotel for a few hours at night for some rest then carry on our journey.

What is the halfway point from SATX to San Diego?

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: driving with 2 year old from SA, TX to SD, CA

Las Cruces , NM. Use google maps to plot a route and get estimated drive times.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: driving with 2 year old from SA, TX to SD, CA

Have done the trip several times,including no stopping(19 hours)..Personally,I like to drive the first leg of the trip to Tucson..It is more than halfway,but I like the city..If I had a 2 year old though,I would stop in El Paso first..The ride from SA to El Paso is one of the most boring unscenic routes I have ever been on..Wish I was going too.. San Diego is the best place to live in the US..Where in SD?..I lived in Carlsbad..North County is IMHO the nicest..Good Luck to you all and God Bless..

3. Re: driving with 2 year old from SA, TX to SD, CA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2014, 05:16