We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas day on the Riverwalk

Las Cruces, New...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Christmas day on the Riverwalk

Does anyone know if the Riverwalk boat cruises are running on Christmas day?

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
16,093 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas day on the Riverwalk

http://riosanantonio.com/

doesn't say otherwise.... you can contact them to inquire

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,475 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas day on the Riverwalk

I would guess yes. The Zoo is also open Christmas Day.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas day on the Riverwalk

may i ask if many places in san antonio will be closed/remain open on christmas day? first timers (family with young children) and only have dec24+25 (1 night) and not really into shopping though we dont mind the lights and decos. thanks in advance!

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,475 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas day on the Riverwalk

Most all of the shopping will close early Christmas Eve and be closed Christmas day. Several attractions will be open at least part of the time.

The Children's Museum will be open 9am - 1pm on Christmas Eve and Closed Christmas Day. It looks like the River Boat Tours are open both days and the Tower of Americas (I would call to confirm specific times.) The Ripley's attractions (across from the Alamo) are open both days (though I don't necessarily recommend them.) All of the hotel lobbies are open and are fun to walk through. The Zoo is definitely open both days.

There are plenty of food options. Most of the Hotels will have fancy (expensive) meals or buffets. Mi Tiera's is open 24/7/365 - might be fun to go late Christmas eve or early Christmas morning. The Cathedral will have a midnight mass.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas day on the Riverwalk

many thanks octoboy! how about places like the mercado/market square? i understand that places like seaworld and the alomo wld be closed. and no we're not that into ripley's. thanks again.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,093 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas day on the Riverwalk

Mi Tierra restaurant (mentioned) is part of Market Square, bakery...look here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKUxOD0tJic

The vendors will not be open on the 25th

make a walk through the lobbies of the historic hotels..Menger for sure, St. Anthony and Guenther

walk through the historic King William district

Some of the restaurants may open in the late afternoon on the river

Luby's cafeteria near downtown should be open

Edited: 20 December 2013, 19:20
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,583 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas day on the Riverwalk

mysanantonio.com/food/restaurants/slideshow/…

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
26,839 posts
538 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas day on the Riverwalk

I am looking into going Dec 25 to Dec 27th mainly because Xmas day I would like to go hope the Spurs play since they are the NBA Champion. I usually stay at Drury Plaza, but I am electing to stay at the Hyatt Regency on Losoya since the price right now is $99 USD.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,093 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas day on the Riverwalk

Hotel and RW will be betting ready for the AlamoBowl as Hyatt is usually a team hotel...a great time to be there-fans will start arriving while you are there.

don't forget to check out Mi Tierra-open 24hrs/365

try to visit San Fernando or Mission Conception for services

Edited: 13 July 2014, 07:20
10. Re: Christmas day on the Riverwalk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 10:16