We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve

Canton, Michigan
Level Contributor
56 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Eve

I'll be in Texas visiting relatives the week of NYE. We want to make a 2 days trip to San Antonio to see the sights. Considering the our schedule the best time for us to go to SA would be over NYE. What is it like during that time? We have never been and are looking forward to the Riverwalk, Alamo, etc. Will it be super packed, and not a good experience for first-timers? We are not into bars or drinking but wouldn't mind the fireworks display. But is the atmosphere going to be super wild and crazy? I'm traveling with my mom, and aunt and uncle (all elderly) who will not want to be in the middle of a wild party.

Also, any suggestions for great spots that the locals like would be welcome. We enjoy history, culture and great food. Thank you.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
16,091 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve

if you look, there a 1/2 dozen current threads regarding NYE

even though the city party downtown is family oriented and organized chaos, I'd find something else to do for the older set

upwards of 250,000 people downtown

…mysanantonio.com/downtown/…

Edited: 21 December 2013, 16:56
Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
16,091 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve

depending on where your driving/to to/from..take a look at Gruene Hall..they offer free music during the day..and a little piece of Texana...in between SA and Austin but easily accessible if you are traveling via Houston .

check their music calendar... www.gruenehall.com

start at 1:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqwafQYOwrY

Edited: 21 December 2013, 17:02
Canton, Michigan
Level Contributor
56 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Eve

Thank you. We are traveling from the Corpus Christi area.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
4 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years Eve

I will be in SA for NYE--am thinking if I should go a "party" or just hang out? I will be travelling and a mature women--who likes to dance? suggestions

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,472 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years Eve

Sam's Burger Joint - samsburgerjoint.com/event/…

Gruene Hall - New Years Day - HAIR OF THE DOG DAY -Guy Forsyth, Walt Wilkins & The Mystiqueros and Shinyribs http://gruenehall.com/calendar/?month_id=1

6. Re: New Years Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2014, 05:17