We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay NYE?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
195 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay NYE?

I have never been to the riverwalk and going there for NYE. Booked Grand Hyatt, but then read it is not right on the riverwalk. Looking for nice hotel directly on the riverwalk. Plan on going to Hemisphere Park, dinner and drinks later. Thanks..

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,395 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay NYE?

The Grand Hyatt is on the Riverwalk, depending upon your definition. It is definitely on the river and right at HemisFair Park. The Grand Hyatt is a few minutes walking from almost anything on the Riverwalk.

Might be tough finding something now for NYE. I would stay with the Grand Hyatt!

You might want to go to Google Earth and take a look at its location. You could easily dive out of a window into the river from the Grand Hyatt. (not advised)

It is not right in the middle of the most active part of the Riverwalk, that is true, but you will be able to walk out of the hotel onto the riverwalk.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,572 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay NYE?

Totally agree with everything Gehrig said above. It is on the Riverwalk. I have stayed there and it's a lovely hotel. It is also, very convenient to the River Center Mall. You will be fine IMO.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
195 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay NYE?

Thank you both! Thought it was on the Riverwalk, then read somewhere it wasn't. And definitely no plans to dive out any windows..

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,212 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay NYE?

Its actually on the River Extension. Its an easy walk either at river level or street level to the area known as the River Bend, where everything that the tourist could want is located.

If you can still get a room, which I doubt, the Hilton would be what you are looking for NYE.

By the way parking s**ks at the Grand Hyatt, use the Valet, its worth the extra money over self parking.

Edited: 23 December 2013, 16:00
5. Re: Where to stay NYE?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2014, 05:16