We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silverleaf Resort

San Antonio, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Silverleaf Resort

So I spun the wheel at at a spurs game and won a trip to florida with air fare and hotel all i had to pay was 40 bucks and then go to the resort for the tour. When i got to the resort they said i didnt have to do the tour but i still get my trip, and then they gave me a scratch off and said i get another trip, so now i have 2 trips i just have to pay the taxes ont them ......wondering if this is a scam should i go on the trips has anyone taken these trips before. please help

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,515 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Silverleaf Resort

You know what they say about something for nothing?

Read on please...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60956-i76-k144131…

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,510 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Silverleaf Resort

Not really a scam, but so many hoops to jump through probably not worth it.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
16,525 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Silverleaf Resort

dead horse

Arlington, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Silverleaf Resort

so I also spun the wheel at a rangers game last summer, I won a trip to great wolf lodge for 3 days and 2 nights, a $100 gift card to restaurant.com and a $40 visa gift card. I did have to set up an appointment and pay $20 right then and there. The following week my husband and I went to take the tour and they try to convince us to buy a time share. We kept saying "no" for almost 2 hours. After going thru the whole tour and repeatedly saying no, we were sent to go talk to a lady about receiving all our gifts that they had promised at the ballpark. Sure enough they gave us everything!!! they did keep their promise. However they didnt tell us that we had to pay a $100 deposit for the lodge. But I'm not complaining I would rather pay $100 for a 2 night and 3 day stay than $500 for a 1 night 2 day stay. Well Worth it!! We just got back from our great wolf lodge stay last week.

San Antonio, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Silverleaf Resort

So the wolf lodge was legit? Did you have to pay anything other than 100.00?

Buda, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Silverleaf Resort

We just visited the Silver Leaf Resort in Canyon Lake, Texas. We took the tour and had the sales pitch that ran well over the estimated time of an hour and a half. Our property guide/sales representative tried to sell us on all of the great advantages of owning your own vacation property. Many pros and cons, but not enough to sway us to purchase. When we were finished with our sales representative, his manager, his manager's manager, and the nice older lady we were finally sent to go pickup our gifts. We received the 3 day 2 night stay at the Great Wolf Lodge, a 5 day 4 night vacation to Aruba, Hawaii, Jamaica, or Puerto Rico, and our $40 Visa Gift Card. We will definitely use the Great Wolf Lodge package and pay the applicable deposit of $100. I am not sure if/when we will be able to take the island vacation as we would need to pay the airfare.

Port Lavaca, Texas
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Silverleaf Resort

What type of room did they give you at GWL?

Port Lavaca, Texas
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Silverleaf Resort

What type of room did they give you at GWL?

9. Re: Silverleaf Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2015, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about San Antonio